Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

New MegaSquirt MS3-Pro PCM on 15+ psi LT1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:20 AM

Re: New MegaSquirt MS3-Pro PCM on 15+ psi LT1 Thread

tThat is fantastic! Did you have to adjust the timing at all? That's the only thing that is holding me up. I'm waiting for a friend to help me with that. I've been spoiled with newer cars, and haven't ever had to use a timing light. I'm nervous about being able to see the timing mark because of the lack of space in the engine bay. I wish I could skip that step!

Did you set it to self tune during the initial cranking? I have a great tune on LT1 Edit for a base line, but the tables are set up completely different on Tuner Suite, so I doubt I'll be able to use them.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:30 AM

I used the base line timing it comes with, never even broke a timing light out.
Yes I turned on the warm-up enrichment and ve table 1 on and then cranked it over. Pedaled it
To keep it running and let it do its thing
Old 03-22-2014, 02:16 PM

I got it put back together, and she fired right up. I'm very impressed with the MS3 so far! Now I just need to get it tuned and I'll be off to the track. I'm going to put together an explanation to help others do this to their cars with a bit more ease than we had.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:08 AM

Did you guys ever get this ironed out and working well?
Old 02-25-2015, 03:58 PM

Sorry for the delay, but I was hoping to have a more updated answer for you by now. I had a hard time finding a tuner that I trusted to learn the MegaSquirt software in town. Once I found the guy, he got going and we found a couple of gremlins in my wiring harness (which I will be having one made once I know everything is wired the final way). Everything seems good now, however we lost contact with the IAC valve right before it was about to go out for it's maiden voyage with the MS3 Pro. I over-nighted the box to DIY, and am still waiting for it to get repaired (I understand they have had some of the bad snow/ice that is terrorizing the country). Once I get the PCM back, I'll plug it in and hopefully I should be able to correct the idle and get the car our of the garage. Obviously this hasn't been a rush project for me, and I've had no problem procrastinating in the past, but I want to drive my car again, soon! I'll update asap and once all is well, I'll post my wiring notes.

One major change that I made since starting the MS3, was adding a blade style MAF sensor (the same one in the 2014 C7) and am not doing the speed density tune anymore. This should give the car much better driveability and less of a constant tuning nightmare.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:19 PM

Any update?