Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

LT1 Edit Commands

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 11:43 AM

LT1 Edit Commands

Hey all,

I've tried to do a search, but couldn't find anything. Is there a table or list somewhere of LT1 Edit commands and a description of each command? Also, is there a way to display a list of previous DTC codes that popped up? My engine light came on yesterday, but it went away after I turned my engine off and on. Thanks!

-Joe
Old 01-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Re: LT1 Edit Commands

Have you looked at the "ECM Constants" thread, stickied at the top of the this forum's topic listing?

Have you reviewed the various references on the carputing.com website?

94/95 LT1-Edit

There are some "how to" documents linked on this page (click on "tuning links" in the list on the left side of the page):

AKM Electronics Home Page

LT1_Edit does not have scan capabilities, but it comes bundled with PCMCOMM for scanning. Have you tried using that to pull the stored codes? They all remain in the PCM for a reasonably long period of time as stored codes, and can be recalled.

PCMCOMM
Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 PM

Re: LT1 Edit Commands

Thanks Fred for the quick reply. I found what I needed, and using the pcmcomm I found the code that was stored was DTC 36. I did a search, and found a post you made describing what it was.

I've been troubleshooting because I failed smog yesterday because of high CO during the high rpm portion of the test. And it was very minimal, I was allowed 1.2% and my results were 1.5%. I checked my 02 sensors, they're reading normal values .1 to .9 volts each. I cleaned/oiled my air filter today, did an oil change and seafoam treatment, since I haven't done that maintenance in awhile. Hopefully that will bring down the CO levels.