Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

LT1 edit

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 07:39 PM

LT1 edit

I have LT1 Edit for my 95 z28. I run windows 7 and it says it not capatibile, I have tried changing the setting to run as window xp to window 2000....still nothing. error, "LT1_Edit is not a valid win32 application"

I have another pc with xp, and it runs fine....but it will not connect to the pcm for some reason.

Any ideas what needs done?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Re: LT1 edit

Your XP computer may have a firewall enabled that is blocking the port necessary to connect. You may also want to disable your anti-virus from scanning the specific port and/or directory with the application program files.

As for Win7, if you have the professional version you can load Windows XP to run in a virtual machine, then enable the virtual to use the appropriate port to connect. I prefer the free VMWare player over the Windows virtual machine and although I have not tried it, VMWare Player might work with the home version of Win7...
Old 10-13-2012, 06:13 PM

I have LT1 Edit on my Win7 machine. I don't remember doing anything special to get it to run.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 PM

Im running Win7 ultimate 64, and it will not run.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:50 AM

I had LT1 edit(still have it on my machine) but now I use Tunerpro. It's free , not locked to any PCM and much more powerful than LT1edit. It even has a built in dash display so you can view the logging as it's occurring.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by DirtyDaveW
I had LT1 edit(still have it on my machine) but now I use Tunerpro. It's free , not locked to any PCM and much more powerful than LT1edit. It even has a built in dash display so you can view the logging as it's occurring.
Tunerpro is free? Can you send me a link. last i looked it was a 5 xs use trial.
also, will it let you pull your current tune off the pcm before you change anything?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by numskull
Tunerpro is free? Can you send me a link. last i looked it was a 5 xs use trial.
also, will it let you pull your current tune off the pcm before you change anything?
x2 linky please.

Many software packages will run on 32-bit Win7 but not on 64-bit Win7. I'd call any LT1Edit resource you have to ask that question.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:55 PM

Oh.. I didn't know they had stopped the for free stuff. I downloaded mine back in April 2011.

No, it doesn't have the ability to upload/download but you can either use your LT1 edit PCMPROG.EXE for that or buy(like I did) WinFlash to upload/download.

Originally Posted by numskull
Old 10-15-2012, 10:52 PM

Tunerpro and Tunerpro RT are "free"ware...they have a 10 second nag when you open it, but it is fully functional.

If you like and continue to use, pay them or don't as your conscience sees fit.

TunerPro RT - $39 Donation, works fine without it:
http://www.tunerpro.net/download/Set..._v500_8040.exe

TunerPro freeware:

WinFlash has a 30 day trial, $20 after that:
http://www.tunercat.com/software/win...lash_setup.exe

If you are using the TunerPro software to datalog with a USB cable, you will need to tweak the interface settings to make it stop "twitching"...

Apparently this isn't a problem with the serial cable, but good luck finding a newer laptop with a RS232 port anymore...
Old 10-16-2012, 05:12 AM

Thanks for the links friend!
I really like the tunerpro editor. One of the nice features is the 'Tools'/Parameter finder. Since the editor is so robust, looking thru the 'tree' for a specific parameter can be tedious. But just click on 'tools'/'Parameter finder' and type in an indicative word (DFCO, MAP, etc) and then click 'search' and bingo, there's every editor choice that has those charaters anywhere in the description. You can cut n paste whole groups of parms if you need (Think 1 bar to 2 bar MAP changes for Speed Density setups). The compare feature (comparing the current tune to another one) is another great feature.

Originally Posted by Randy Bilyea
Tunerpro and Tunerpro RT are "free"ware...they have a 10 second nag when you open it, but it is fully functional.

If you like and continue to use, pay them or don't as your conscience sees fit.

TunerPro RT - $39 Donation, works fine without it:

TunerPro freeware:

WinFlash has a 30 day trial, $20 after that:
http://www.tunercat.com/software/win...lash_setup.exe

If you are using the TunerPro software to datalog with a USB cable, you will need to tweak the interface settings to make it stop "twitching"...

Apparently this isn't a problem with the serial cable, but good luck finding a newer laptop with a RS232 port anymore...
Old 10-16-2012, 08:10 AM

Is Tunerpro for OBDI cars only or can you edit OBDII also ?
Old 10-16-2012, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ricardo
Is Tunerpro for OBDI cars only or can you edit OBDII also ?
I believe it does both.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by DirtyDaveW
Thanks for the links friend!
I really like the tunerpro editor. One of the nice features is the 'Tools'/Parameter finder. Since the editor is so robust, looking thru the 'tree' for a specific parameter can be tedious. But just click on 'tools'/'Parameter finder' and type in an indicative word (DFCO, MAP, etc) and then click 'search' and bingo, there's every editor choice that has those charaters anywhere in the description. You can cut n paste whole groups of parms if you need (Think 1 bar to 2 bar MAP changes for Speed Density setups). The compare feature (comparing the current tune to another one) is another great feature.
Thanks, only 39 bucks....thats way cheap!! I just drag my whole desktop out to the car and plug it all in...lol . Will tunerpro work with 64bit win7?

Im gonna have to do some reading so I can figure out how to pull my tune off and save it before I screw with it...
Old 10-16-2012, 12:49 PM

Pls forgive newbie thread hijack dumb question but:

Amazon.com: OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic USB Cable For KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409: Camera & Photo

For connecting said Tunerpro to laptop? Better/other suggestion?

For the most part I currently want to be able to do more than just get the OBDII codes out of my engine, read the scan tool stuff and whatnot. I've always just done my troubleshooting through based off the trouble codes.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by 350350
Pls forgive newbie thread hijack dumb question but:

Amazon.com: OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic USB Cable For KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409: Camera & Photo

For connecting said Tunerpro to laptop? Better/other suggestion?

For the most part I currently want to be able to do more than just get the OBDII codes out of my engine, read the scan tool stuff and whatnot. I've always just done my troubleshooting through based off the trouble codes.
That's pretty cheap! I bought mine from aldlcables.com...paid $65.00!

If that works, I'm gonna be pissed at myself for not doing more research!

Quick Reply: LT1 edit