Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Dyno tuned last night- But did I correct the right tables

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 10:40 AM

Location: Stationed at Camp Lejeune, N.C. (But Going Home SOON!)- From New Jersey
Question Dyno tuned last night- But did I correct the right tables

Well went to the dyno last night to tune my friends car. All in all not to bad- before 260RWHP now 280RWHP gained up to 30 hourses in some spots. But did I do the right tables. The car was WAY to rich and had a very up and down fuel curve. The leanest it was before dyno tuning was 10.1:1 AFR and worsse in some spots ( I started with a stock .bin ) I corrected it to around 13.1:1 AFR all accross the board. I made the changes in the %Changesto fuel/Air ratio VS. RPM at WOT. But here is the weird thing- After doing the math to figure out what the AFR for the corrections was suppose to be the #'s were off. The Target #'s that I put in wereabout .3 or point .4 off Now that is not a big deal because I was Dyno Tuning with a AFR meter in the tailpipe, but it makes it hard to tune without a meter. Did I make the changes in the right table- It seemed to work. I am going back to the Dyno next week to countinue tuning, does anyone know what table I should mess with and what tables I should leave alone( Maybe Hal, if you read this post) Also I have a question on shift RPM- I was shifting 1-2 @ 6000 and 2-3 @ 6200 (according to the engine dyno) I know that the Kickdown normal mode shift RPM Threshold and the Normal mode up/down shift points both have to be met to shift, but it is a pain in the a$$ to figure out what MPH to make the car shift at a certian rpm. Can I just set the normal mode up/down shift points lower than they need to be and control the Shift poins from the Kickdown normal mode shift RPM Threshold tables?(Hal) I know that, These are a lot off questions but I am new to tuning and just want to get it right. THanks fot all the Help!! I have a few other questions but I don't want to overwhelm everyone.