Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Data log questions?

Old 05-09-2014, 07:22 PM

Data log questions?

Hey guys can you guys take a look at my data log and see if anything look outta whack. please, i just got my long tubes on and did the air/egr delete, and its not tuned yet. ive been having a surging idle when it heats up and as soon as i turn on the ac. also when i was logging this i got on it about 90% throttle and when i got around 5k it sounded like it missed a couple of times. i checked and the mis fire hist. and it didn't show any?? thanks guys

http://www.mediafire.com/view/iif0jz...9_18-52-27.csv
Old 05-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Re: Data log questions?

Downloaded it and will take a look, but appears there are some columns omitted that are useful, and others included that are not ("G" values for x/y/z). I don't see fuel trim cell #, for example.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:04 AM

Ya sorry brother this is all new to me so im not sure of everything yet, i kno that file is long and im sry bout that i think it was around 3500-4000 cell where i did get on it and felt it miss then towards the end where the surge comes in. I logged a smaller log this morning its at the end of this on as well where it starts to surge, https://mfi.re/view/hilzyutwuilbu1g/...0_08-23-30.csv ive been noticing if im not running the ac it takes longer for it to start surging, and if i dont have the ac on n its not surging n i turn the ac on it starts right away. Sry if thats confusing, and let me kno if u want me to make a log wit only certin things, thanks again for takin time to help ive been tryin to figure this suring out for a while,

Hist- when i bought the car the iac wasnt plugged in, never had an issue with the idle surging, then one day i seen the iac unplugged so i figured it should b plugged in. Thats when the surging started, so then i unplugged it again and it was idling at 2k so i bought a new iac and did the reset and now its only surging when it gets warmed up like after 5 miles or when i turn the ac on it starts surging sooner.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Administrator

You are using a device that I am not familiar with, so I have no idea what data it can retrieve. We don't need "G" readings for the 3 axes. Here's what I generally look for, with an indication of what you have in the log (this list is constructed using the data fields available in TTS DataMaster (an OBD-1 data logger, but similar data should be available in any OBD-2 logger):

Record# (inserted automatically)
X-TimeStamp (inserted automatically)
1 – Runtime
X - 2 – RPM
3 – Speed (MPH)
4 – TPS Volts
X - 5 – TPS %
X - 6 – MAP
X - 7 – Coolant Temp
8 – Intake Air Temp
X - 9 – Ignition Volts
10 – Idle Air Control Valve Position (counts)
X -11 – Air Flow - Gram/Sec (= MAF)
X - 12 – Spark Advance
13 – Spark Retard
14 – Knock Counts
15 – Injector Base Pulse Width - Left
16 – Injector Base Pulse Width - Right
17 – Fuel Trim Cell
X - 18 – Left O2 mV (or Volts)
X - 19 – Right O2 mV (or Volts)
X - 20 – Long Term Fuel Trim (% or "counts" reverenced to 128) - Left
X - 21 – Long Term Fuel Trim (% or "counts" reverenced to 128) - Right
X - 22 – Short Term Fuel Trim (% or "counts" reverenced to 128) - Left
X - 23 – Short Term Fuel Trim (% or "counts" reverenced to 128) - Right
24 – CCP (EVAP Purge) Duty Cycle
25 – EGR Duty Cycle
26 – Barometric Pressure
X - 27 – Idle RPM (Target)
X - 28 – Injector Duty Cycle - Left
X - 29 – Injector Duty Cycle - Right

The ones marked with an "X" are the items your log includes. As noted, delete the "G" readings, TCC Slip, Fuel Trim Bank 1 Sensor 2

Without the Fuel Trim Cell, it becomes difficult to do any sort of meaningful analysis. With your specific idle surge problem, we need the IAC counts, so we can see how the PCM is responding to the departure from the target idle speed (which you do have). I can see the surging with throttle closed, but I need the MPH to determine if the vehicle is still moving, since idle speed is increased when the vehicle is moving.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:14 PM

ok so im using the toqurc app and the elm bluetooth adapor so im not sure i can get all the readings i cant get the G readings to come off and i added what i could, again thank u for ur time this scan was just now in the driveway it only surged for a couple seconds ill do another log in the am on the way to work.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/p9pmc4...2_21-38-54.csv
Old 05-13-2014, 08:28 AM

Ok here are two from this morning,

https://mfi.re/view/rmwv6brqmlauu54/...3_08-34-19.csv

https://mfi.re/view/6hshgdefxrdswmc/...3_08-53-08.csv

The first log it starts surging right away and the second it doesn't start surging till the end. Thanks
Old 05-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?

I only looked at the last log file, but near the end, I do see the rpm jumping to about an indicated 3000 rpm from 700-899 rpm with no real change in throttle position. Also there was no change in MAP values and little change in MAF values. I suspect that the rpm is being reported in error, which could cause the pcm to switch fuel cells and thus the fuel trims, which is apparently also happening. Let's see if Fred agrees.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:46 AM
Administrator

I'm not abandoning you.... just been really slammed with work for the past week. Hopefully I'll get a chance to look at the new data over the weekend.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:16 AM

It's cool man, I understand, for now I just have the iac unplugged so it won't surge but I do wanna fix the issue when I can, garydoug thinks it's time for a new opti, I was hoping to get your input as well, I don't wanna throw money at it until I know for sure. But thank u again for letting me know that u didn't forget me, I really do appreciate very very much everybody's input and time.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk