Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Best PCM to use with LSx Swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 07:05 AM

Best PCM to use with LSx Swap

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, please accept my apologies if I should have posted elsewhere.

We are building a drift car and have a built LS2 ready to go in. The chassis was originally a Nissan 240 but all the original wiring is pretty much gone. We have been told that the best option (in terms of price) is to get a camaro PCM and harness to run the LS motor.

I'm familiar with the basics of SD tuning (with a 92 Corvette / boosted LTx motor) but not so much with MAF tuning.

So - what year PCM/Harness would you guys recommend? The motor is around 550 at the crank NA, so we'll also need to make sure the MAF is big enough and the PCM tables can deal with that kind of airflow.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Re: Best PCM to use with LSx Swap

Check here:

EFI Connection, LLC - Welcome to www.eficonnection.com
Old 07-15-2012, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Hey Fred - I had a look at the site and while they offer a good deal on a used LS1 PCM ($110) all their other stuff focuses on bringing a LTx or SBC motor up to LS spec.

Since we already have a LS motor, all we need is a PCM and harness. We will run a standard throttle body (i.e. not 'by wire'), so I'm assuming that any 97 thru '04 LS PCM will work - including Silverado, Camaro.. etc.?
Old 07-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Administrator

They claim they have been building harnesses for GM engines since 2003. Are you saying that is not true?
Old 07-15-2012, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
They claim they have been building harnesses for GM engines since 2003. Are you saying that is not true?
Oh no - not at all. Just that their focus seems to be bringing older gen small and big blocks up to scratch with later PCMs. I may even use them for the harness if I cant get a harness with the used PCM.

One of the reason's I'm asking about a vehicle specific LS PCM is we have access to a lot of used car parts (and we can also get new parts at dealer cost).

The question is simply if I am going to get a used PCM, which one would be the best starting point for my LS swap. Thanks!