Gauging interest: crappy 94 Z28 M6 $3000

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:53 PM

Gauging interest: crappy 94 Z28 M6 $3000

I just bought a new car, and I'm on the list for a 2010 SS. If I can get any money for it, I'm willing to get rid of my 94 camaro project car.

The good:
LT4 hotcam/hotcam springs
comp hardened pushrods(14 spares included)
proform 1.6RR's (15 ARP rocker studs included)
new head gaskets
CAI(ghetto rigged)
moroso smooth elbow
TPIS airfoil (spare TB included)
edelbrock TES headers
flowmaster catback (Holley afterburner muffler NIB)
Lowered 2" w/ summit Fbod springs
bilstien HD shocks
35mm/25mm swaybars
UMI tunnel mounted torque arm
tripple gauge pod
Comes with a spare set of Iron b-body LT1 heads, which should be magnafluxed before you try to install them. The car dropped a valve, and it might have damaged the head. THe piston where the valve dropped is fine. It just has a small knick on the valve relief.
corvette wagon wheels
goodyear GS-D3 tires. 245/45/17front 275/40/18rear

the BAD:
poor quality single stage HOK paint is unevenly sprayed, and chipping/peeling in several places.
Car was rear ended at 5mph recently, and rear bumper cover is cracked with large peeling paint areas.
windshield scratched in lower right corner
body panels have large gaps. This car was obviously wrecked(before me getting rearended) and reassembled by a bodyman with down syndrome.
A/C doesn't work
HVAC blower is really really weak
Heat isn't very hot at all. Defroster is useless.
hollow cat
ABS INOP light on
3rd brake light doesn't work.
BRAKE light on
SES light comes on alot
Interior looks like crap. Rear seats missing. It was originally tan interior, but I put in dark carpet, re-upholstered the headliner, and painted the int. panels. It has autozone seat covers, and firebird door panels.

It runs like crap right now. I think it either has a bad opti, or it's got an overtightened rocker. It has good compression on 3 cyls, but I haven't checked the other 5. THe cylinder that dropped a valve has good compression.

The LT1 engine has alot of pitfalls, and I believe it's above my skill level for a project car. I need something either a little more simple, like an SBC, or a little more modular, like an LS1.

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=8374
This Fquick page is very outdated. The car has new interior now, new wheels, and it shows 92k miles now. The track times listed are for the stock iron headed, small cammed b-body motor that it came with.

$3,000 or best offer
seriously, I'll entertain offers. I know I painted an ugly picture for this car, but it's not like a trailer park 3rd gen or anything.

Last edited by Malice 1; 03-25-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:43 AM

BUMP.

This would make a great project car for cheap. It runs and drives, it just needs a little troubleshooting.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:15 PM

Those pics dont show the BAD your talking about.

post pics of the BAD so we get a better Idea. The car looks like a steal in those pics.

Good luck, your a little to far away for me though.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:14 PM

this is an example of the chipped peeling paint on the bumper.

THis is the crack in the bumper cover. The camera is being held over the liscense plate, and looking toward the driver side of the bumper.

My other Fquick photos show the paint quality on the rest of the car. It's hard to get a pics of the body panel gaps. It basically has saggy rear bumper syndrome, like so many other 15 y/o camaros, and the front bumper cover fitment isn't real great.

The windshield scratch just looks like the windshield wiper scratched the glass on an upward stroke. THe scratch is about 5 inches long, on the bottom right side of the windshield.

I'll get some interior pics this weekend.

I like the car, and I wish I could keep it as a project car, but its just not for me. The LT1 seems like it takes up every inch of underhood room. There is NO ROOM to work on this engine. I have a turbo that I wanted to put on the car, but it's just not worth wedging my hands in tiny places to make it happen.

This car is not fun to work on. Whats the point of having a project car if it isn't any fun?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:04 AM

bump.