1998 Silver Camaro SS M6 hardtop/cloth in MA

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 11:54 PM

Up for sale is my '98 SS M6. The car is Sebring Silver and has approximately 107.5k miles on it. It is a hardtop with gray cloth interior (w/power everything). It has rear defrost, NO TCS, optional premium Monsoon and the optional Y2Y bilstein shocks/eibach springs. It has been my faithful daily driver for a decade and has no little to no problems and is mostly stock.

Modifications:
Lid and SLP 2OTL exhaust are the only power mods.
B&M ripper with a Hurst ****.
1LE swaybars (32mm/21mm) and rear LCAs.
Urethane swaybar endlinks and rear swaybar bushings.
Hotchkiss panhard.
BMR strut tower brace.
Bilsteins/Eibachs (as mentioned, factory option)
LG Motorsports C5 front brake conversion with C5 calipers, rotors and Porterfield R4S pads front and rear. Goodridge stainless lines and ATE superblue fluid.
B&M power steering cooler. Factory cooler started leaking so I just utilized a real cooler. Replaced lower radiator hose with a standard hose as a result.
Raptor shift light hidden in the middle vents (red color)

Other random changes:
Gray cloth power Firebird seats in it because I felt they were more comfortable.
3.23 rear out of an 80k mile firebird (factory Auburn diff burned up and it also started vibrating so I replaced it).
Rear quarters are rolled in preparation for 315s that I never installed.
Car has been repainted a year ago, factory color, due to the clearcoat started to haze badly. The mirrors were painted bodycolor like a 2000-2002, I preferred the look.
Wings West front grille painted gloss black (including the screens).
Has a PIE GM9 auxillary input installed in the stereo along with an MP3 player/cellphone mount (see interior shots). Handy since it's a tape deck.

-Paint is 98% perfect as mentioned due to 1-year old repaint. It has some minor bubbling in the paint on the corner of the spoiler, which was there before it was repainted and reappeared after it was repainted. I'm guessing it doesn't want to go away. No other dings or dents or anything. Not even the typical quarter panel dents. Headlights/taillights were sanded and polished and clearcoated, they are perfect.

-Interior is 95%, no damage to anything that I could find. Everything works. Window motors, switches, AC, everything. No blown speakers. It is missing the spare and jack though (took it out years ago, can't find it). Carpet is perfect, even the floormats are perfect. Console lid perfect. No real wear on the seats or anything.

-Wheels are about a 75%, they are original and have plenty of little digs and scratches on them. No real curbing, just 16 years of normal wear.

-Tires have exactly half tread, they are Goodyear F1 GS-D3s in 275/40/17 all around. 5/32 tread measured on all 4 tires, in three places across each tire (perfectly evenly worn).

-Underbody had some surface rust starting in places (seams of the unibody) which I wire wheeled down and sealed up with some Mastercraft silver. It seems to be holding up fine.

Just recently replaced upper and lower balljoints, inner and outer tie-rods, power steering rack and had it aligned. Also has a new fuel pump and fuel filter. Hasn't needed anything else in years. Fluids have been changed with only the good stuff. Runs Mobil1 10w40, ATE superblue brake fluid, GM Synchromesh in the T56 and Redline 75W90 in the rear end. Only thing that hasn't been changed recently that I can think of is the coolant. All factory emissions stuff installed and functioning. Has passed MA state inspection with no issues ever. About once a year it throws a knock sensor code when it's raining, I've never bothered to do anything about it (common issue).

As mentioned, this car was my DD for a decade and is pretty much stock. Only real mods are brake and suspension related, I planned on making this an HPDE car at some point but never did. It has never been to any track, road course or quarter mile. I have no idea what it runs or dynos. It has not been abused, it still has the original clutch, tranny etc. No grinding or anything unusual mechanically speaking.

I've listed everything good and bad I can think of about the car, hopefully that answers most questions up front. I don't want there to be any surprises for a potential new owner..

I am including a brand new Coverking Silverguard outdoor cover as well.

Price is $6500 and is located in the North Shore area (suburbs of Boston).

Dope

Last edited by Adam; 09-29-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:30 PM

Re: 1998 Silver Camaro SS M6 hardtop/cloth in MA

ttt

Dope
Old 08-19-2013, 05:31 PM

Dropped the price down.

Dope
Old 09-16-2013, 12:17 PM

Dropped price 1600.

Dope
Old 09-29-2013, 03:37 PM

Price dropped 2k.

Dope
Old 10-07-2013, 03:21 PM

ttt

Dope
Old 10-16-2013, 12:23 AM

So did you drop the price down to $1600 or $2000? PM me information!