1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 08:37 PM

1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN

1998 Pontiac Trans Am Convertible

The quick of it:
Stock automatic and stock LS1 V8.
Navy Blue Metallic / GM Bright White vinyl top and white leather interior.
Top is a brand new OEM style replacement.
Stock chrome 16x8's wrapped in new (less than 1000miles) Falken Ziex tires.
Power everything (including seats w/ lumbar).
Rear defrost
4-wheel ABS
2.73 rear axle ratio.
Factory cassette deck w/ trunk 6 disc changer. This is a 6-speaker set-up with no sub. “non-Monsoon”.
Only 98,700 miles. May increase slightly. Not my daily driver.
Never smoked in.
No dash lights on.

Originally a Florida car until brought to MN in 2007. Zero rust of course. Not driven in winter.
Zero accidents, have clean title, no loan to payoff, and full Autocheck history available for interested buyers with zero issues.
Has only seen Mobil One 5w-30 full synthetic & changed every 3000-3500 miles. Never longer.
Never been in a shop since I owned it (other than for new tires) , otherwise no one has turned a bolt or changed a lightbulb on the car other than me since I purchased the car in August of 2010.
MN tabs good thru next March.

Being NBM with a white top & interior, you may not ever see another like it. With my best estimates there were around 7 made that year in this configuration. Regardless of color choice, these are getting harder to find with low miles and as complete as my example. You can pay a lot more or a lot less for a 4th gen V8 F-body, but I feel this car fits in that sweet spot of being an original, unmolested and loved Trans Am that you can just take the keys and do nothing to it but maintain it --- if you so choose --- at an affordable price. It begs to be driven.

Asking: $8999 OBO
Cash or cashier's check only. If this post is up it is still for sale.
Car is located at my home in Barnesville, MN. About 25min from Fargo, ND/Moorhead, MN.

Please read below if still interested before asking any further questions. I do like talking about the car though (you can probably tell after reading the novel below!), so ask away and I will give good, honest answers.

Condition:
-Engine pulls just as strong as when I bought it with 64,000miles.
-Transmission shifts just as tight / smooth as when I bought it.
-Steers tight, may just be starting to hint at needing ball joints (has a slight vibration at low speeds on some roads). Goes straight down the road. I have purchased the ball joints already, I will update if I get them installed.
-Brakes tight, had all the rotors resurfaced around 10-15,000 miles ago to fix a slight vibration.
-Top goes up and down very smoothly and quickly, I changed out the fluid in the pump reservoir. Most vert pumps with some miles on them “whine”, mine does not.
-Paint mostly looks great, color is deep with a good shine. Has a fresh buff/wax done with 3M/Meguire's/Mother's products.
-Has some chips in the hood and headlight covers – only noticeable within 10ft. A few other chips and light scratches consistent with the age/mileage.
-Has 3 parking lot dings in the driver's side rear fender. Can possibly benefit from paintless dent repair.
-Chrome rims have some flaking in the crevices and in the bolt holes. The spokes and lips look great, so it is only noticeable closer than 10ft.
-Interior is very clean and will have a fresh leather clean/condition done.
-The ashtray door doesn't slide like it should, looks fine closed. I hope you won't smoke in the car rendering it useless anyway.
-Driver's seat has a tear in the side bolster in the common wear spot. Temporary white tape preventing further wear.
-The swingout cupholder is missing 1 of 3 rubber inserts. Can probably source online or salvage yard.
-Drivers seatbelt is missing the outer gray plastic and retracts a little slow. Has never bothered me.
-Has all brand new bulbs in the front since 2014 (I always replace in pairs). Both fogs, both turn signal/running lights, both hi/low beams. It was blowing through turn signals because of corroded connectors, so I soldered in brand new OEM connectors for them as well. All Sylvania brand bulbs, just stock style replacements.
-Stock stereo display backlight has gone out. However, all of the functions still work.

Completely stock except for:
-K&N panel filter – by me. Recently “recharged” with K&N cleaning kit.
-Silicon smooth bellow – by me. Commonly SLP, but I believe mine is generic (from eBay) but looks identical. This is a smooth transition from the MAF to the LS1 throttle body. The stock accordian is included.
-Founders Performance strut tower brace (black, just blends into the engine bay, looks stock) – by me
-KYB GR-2? replacement shocks – rear – by me
-Unknown aftermarket muffler w/ stock tips (almost stock level quiet IMO, but mean under full throttle) – previous owner
-Aftermarket replacement power antenna mast driven by the original motor – by me
-Sound deadening in the doors and rear side speaker panels.

Comes with:
-2 sets of original keys/fobs.
-Original 3pc plastic “parade cover” for the top in its original leather bag
-Original floormats.
-Original owners manual.
-Original Firebird insert for the front plate.
-Also comes with a mint Bosal/Oris Windstop (see pics) with its original fabric bag. Really cuts down on the wind turbulence! Makes the A/C/heater/sound system all work more efficiently with the top down. You can leave it installed with the top up or down. If wanted, you can flip it down with one hand while in the driver's seat.
-New in package fuel filter. Not needed yet, was going to change at 100k as preventative maintenance.
-Upper and lower ball joints (Moog). I will update if I install these before selling the vehicle.
-Energy Suspension transmission mount. Not needed, never installed. I was going to get subframe connectors and poly bushings among other things, I never put it in because I moved and stopped driving the car so much. This is a poly mount to tighten up the car if going in that direction.
-Chilton's manual for 4th gen F-body's. Describes basic maintenance/repairs/torque values/etc.
-A stainless steel air filter lid with a blue silicon coupler to connect to the MAF.

Known history (have Autocheck):
-Was originally a lease in Florida when new, where it stayed until 2007 (had 2 owners total there according to Autocheck).
-3rd owner was a retired lady in Osakis, MN who babied it and only put on 12,000 miles in 3yrs. Always garaged and only saw rain 3 times while she had it.
-I purchased the car in 2010 with approx. 64,000 miles on the car while living in Fargo, ND. I have never brought it to a track or raced it. Always garaged at night. I commuted to work with it from 2010 to 2013 from spring to fall (10-15miles/day) – I had various beaters to drive in the winter months. In addition I had a 500mi roundtrip to Minneapolis and back about once a month during the summer months.
-Then I moved out of town (60 mile roundtrip now to work) so I bought another car and put maybe 3000 miles on the Trans Am since then because I didn't want to run up the miles.
-Fall of 2014 it developed a separated rear window and I taped it up until I put her away for the winter. Spring of 2015 I replaced the entire top w/ an OEM style 2pc. replacement. May of 2016 I replaced the the top section again due to some defects, but was able to keep the rear window section from the prior year replacement. Same style/same vendor/same company purchased from.

Although it is nice to look at in my garage, it is too good of a car to not be driven! It is the best car I have owned in so many ways, so I must see it go to a good owner. I have tried to cover everything with the descriptions given, so there are no surprises.

Please PM with inquiries!
Attached Thumbnails 1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160602_110749.jpg  
Old 06-04-2016, 08:42 PM

Re: 1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN

More pictures added. I will get some of the interior uploaded soon.
Attached Thumbnails 1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160602_110827.jpg   1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160602_110840.jpg   1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160602_113559.jpg   1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160603_140217.jpg  
Old 06-04-2016, 10:20 PM

Interior pictures. This is prior to me cleaning and conditioning the leather, just waiting on my Amazon package...patiently. More pictures in a few days once that is complete.
Attached Thumbnails 1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160604_213747.jpg   1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160604_213757.jpg   1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160604_213734.jpg   1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160604_213824.jpg   1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160604_213844.jpg  

1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160604_213917_001.jpg   1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160604_213936.jpg   1998 NBM Trans Am convertible for sale in MN-20160604_213951.jpg  
Old 06-10-2016, 10:27 AM

Sold!