1995 Z/28 'Vert A4 + Parts, $5,000

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 07:28 PM

1995 Z/28 'Vert A4 + Parts, $5,000

Located at 03287. Asking $5k with all the parts, $3.5k for car alone. Would much rather sell as a package...

Up for sale is a 1995 Camaro Z/l28 convertible. About 220k miles on it, mostly highway, runs great. Original Florida car, garage kept. Top was replaced about nine years ago and is still in good condition. Polo green exterior, tan leather interior. Lots of options and upgrades on this car. 4L60E automatic transmission with a Pro Race rebuild from Cahall Performance in Newark, DE, secured with a poly transmission mount (shifts hard; the stock rubber ones just tear right in half!). 2800 stall torque converter with lockup, civilized and good on gas on the highway but a real monster from the line. Performance 3.23 rear-end with working limited slip differential. Arizona Speed and Marine midlength headers hooked up to Random Tech cat (or straight pipe for track use) out through a rare SLP two-out-the-left exhaust. MSD optispark, K&N filter, SLP strut tower brace, tubular control arms, adjustable panhard rod with spherical ends, welded subframe connectors (convertible specific). SLP "level one" street suspension, with optimized spring rates and shock absorbers, differential girdle. Upgraded to twin piston calipers, stainless lines, and new rotors, pads, and calipers on all four wheels. Sits about 1" lower than a stock Camaro with the level 1 package, did not want to go any lower for street use (no problems with speedbumps or potholes, and the ride isn't punishing). Handles great, stops great, sounds great.

Has normal wear associated with the mileage, but I treat my car like I want it to last so I've spared no expense when it comes to maintenance. It's been my wife's daily driver for the past 5 years so we've been keeping up with the mechanical issues. There's more done to it than listed here, every time I think I've got it all down I remember something else I fixed or upgraded (usually both). Both front hubs new. Completely new AC system (never been charged, the machine at the shop was down and I moved shortly after the repairs and never got it going). New stock water pump and starter. New audio system (nothing ridiculous, Pioneer HD radio, Infinity speakers, small Polk amp in trunk, and new wiring). New battery, new starter. Replaced radiator a while back (plastic reservoir leaking slightly) and recently put the blue Goodyear heater hose kit in. Completely new brakes, upgraded to C5 calipers, stainless lines, EBC Red pads, drilled/slotted rotors. Full synthetic oil changes, differential fluid, royal purple transmission fluid. Added stacked-plate type transmission cooler (at same time I did the CPT rebuild and new torque converter) and 160* thermostat to keep things cool. Moog joints, poly swaybar bushings and links. Everything else rubber to keep a good smooth ride. Driver's seat is showing some wear from use, but is comfortable, and all power adjustments work. Some paint chips on hood from stones kicked up, and idiots at the parking lot bumping into it. Front and rear bumper had famous Chevrolet plastic outgassing problem, and the passenger fender has a piece missing at the corner. It does have a small oil leak, I think it's the common valve cover gasket but I haven't been able to spot it yet so haven't thrown money at it yet hoping to fix it (and I'd been planning a head/cam swap so I was planning to take care of it then). Firestone Indy 500 Wide Oval tires with OK tread, also have another set of one-season old STUDDED Pirelli Winter Carving Edge tires mounted on a set of wheels that have a few seasons left. They handle AWESOME in the snow and you'll drive right past the FWD cars with all-seasons stuck in the ditch.

I've been collecting parts over the years for planned upgrades and would like to sell everything as a package. I have most everything needed for a head and cam upgrade. B&M ratchet shifter to slam through the gears that I have not yet installed. I've got a ported and polished set of heads that flow extremely well (280 intake, 190 exhaust) and will make great power. Two options on the valve springs, depending on your cam application. The best 1.6 roller rockers and LT4 knock module to compensate for the noise. Arizona Speed and Marine bored throttle body to support high RPM flow. Corvette LT4 composite valve covers to keep the rollers quiet (I got them cheap because one of them needs repair, but these are pretty rare). You could easily go wild here, the heads will support extreme power if you wanted to build a monster and the transmission is built to handle it, or tone it down a bit and get a nice increase in power while maintaining street manners. Choice is yours.

We've had lots of fun in this car, but growing family, too many toys, and not enough storage space (nor time for everything). Price is open to negotiation if you do not want any of the extra goodies like the heads and valvetrain upgrades, I need to get this out of the driveway and would love to see it restored for shows or haulin down the drag strip.

More pics and a walk-around video here.

Last edited by MaximumJavelin; 03-25-2016 at 03:34 PM. Reason: back up for sale and new info
Old 06-04-2013, 11:57 AM

Re: 1995 Z/28 'Vert A4 + Parts, $5,000

Make an offer, need to sell. Moving at end of the month.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:09 AM

Just passed RI inspection yesterday. Good until 6/2015!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 AM

Bump!
Old 02-14-2016, 12:39 PM

Car for sale again. Moved to NH, starting a family, too many toys, has to go. Updated original post with some new information.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:33 PM

after I sel y firehawk if you still have id buy
Old 03-25-2016, 03:33 PM

Bump still for sale, links to pics added. Brian if you're reading this, shoot me a PM as craigslist expired my post so the email is broken. I got a quote from a local body shop to fix some of the cosmetic issues:

$2,500 which would include the following:

1. Remove rear bumper and repair (has major cracks from plastic out-gassing issue)
2. Fix small dent on passenger rear quarter
3. Fix rust driver rear quarter
4. Fix small dent on hood
5. Repair scratches on deck lid
6. Repair damage to passenger front fender (wasn't sure if he would repair or replace the fender, but it would be fixed either way)
7. Repair front bumper (has minor cracks from plastic out-gassing issue)
8. Full paint job to all green body panels and flat black headlight section
9. Repair and paint gloss black triangle on convertible top
Old 08-01-2016, 12:37 PM

Bump, must sell by end of August. Make an offer!
Old 08-04-2016, 01:31 PM

Looks like a really good deal. I'm interested in the extra parts, mainly the heads, springs, rockers, KM and TB. Let me know, or pm details if your willing to separate. GLWS. Thanks
Old 08-09-2016, 10:15 AM

PMs sent. I see the link to photos and videos is no longer working so I'll get that fixed ASAP and update.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:54 AM

Is the lt4 knock module part of your parts list. I have someone looking for one. I'm trying to help him out lol