1995 Pontiac Firebird 70k Formula/TA Ram Air Convertible DPM, 70k miles, $6.5k OBO

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 09:07 PM

1995 Pontiac Firebird 70k Formula/TA Ram Air Convertible DPM, 70k miles, $6.5k OBO

Time to sell the Firebird, reason being I bought a '69 Stingray. So up for sale goes one of the very few Dark Purple Metallic convertibles ever produced. I've had it for about 8 years, but need to make room. It's been posted on the local Craigslist for a week or two with a lot of tire kickers and jokers, which I'm tired of. Hopefully I'll get some serious interest here. (Sorry for the low post count, but most of my posts when I was actively working on the car wound up on ls1tech ... didn't want to offend the Camaro guys with my lowly Poncho!)

Here's a link to a photo gallery with lots of pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/Ryanmh1...29200781231282

The scoop is this: I bought it about 8 years ago and put on about 10,000 miles in that time. Before I had it, it sat in the former owners barn for 5 years. This car has seen very few miles for most of its life other than highway miles very early on, and so far as I know, has never seen a drop of salt or snow. Close observers will see that this car was originally a Formula. Per the prior owner, a buddy of his had a wrecked WS6 and they swapped over the parts. So, it's something of a mutant WS6 Trans Am.

The paint shows as better than new, and appears to have been repainted at some point--before I bought it. I just had the whole car buffed out, and it looks great. The only exterior issues are a) with some typical spider webbing on the lower front bumper cover and minor chipping on the lower edge from the usual parking lot entry/exit, b) the triangular glossy black plate behind the drivers door as a chip, and c) the piping on the top rear window is detaching and the window was reurethaned because, like all of these things after time, it was coming loose on the bottom edge. The top does not leak, and in my opinion, does not need replaced.

The interior is about as clean as you're going to find, with very minimal wear to the drives seat bolster. The rest is spotless with the exception of the very top of the rear passenger seatback. Some of these cars had issues with leather shrinkage. No rips, no tears, but for some reason, the stitching started to separate on the top of the seat back. The radio is also not hooked up. It hasn't been since I bought it--per the prior owner, he had pulled it to put in a CD, but just tossed the original tape deck back in before he sold it. I never pulled anything apart to investigate what he said, and never hooked it up.

The good stuff: Mechanically the car is sound, with a brand new Optispark just installed. When the Opti blew, it loaded the muffler with gas and blew it up, so it will come with a new muffler OR deduct the cost of your standard muffler shop muffler and pick your own. It runs great and will spin the tires at will. The automatic tranny shifts hard. I put polished 17"/18" C5 wheels on it. Front tires are brand new. Rears need replaced. Still worth about $750 on Ebay. Also comes with the original wheels and tires. I also have an Oris Windstop, which is another $350.00.

I'm selling the whole thing with the extras for $6500 (less a muffler if you want to DIY the muffler). If the price is out of line, feel free to let me know. I want this car sold, but I'm not desperate. This is a great car, looks fantastic, and is the cheapest price for the miles so far as I can tell in pretty much the whole country. Dark Purple Metallic isn't everyone's cup of tea, so it's a little bit of a tough sell, I suppose.

Any questions, let me know. Any comments, feel free to post them up!

Last edited by ryanmh1; 08-23-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:42 AM

Re: 1995 Pontiac Firebird 70k Formula/TA Ram Air Convertible DPM, 70k miles, $6.5k OB

ttt