1994 Camaro Convertible Z/28....AKA....The Rag

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:44 AM

Exclamation 1994 Camaro Convertible Z/28....AKA....The Rag

Yep, you knew this post was coming if you know me at all. I am selling my ride to help finance my move to Houston Texas. Do not come at me with low ball offers, I might seriously find you and punch you in the face. The price on this car is already WAY WAY below what you could ever replicate it for, and you can part it out for more then this. I just dont want to have to do that, it would sting too much.

I have had this car for around 8 years now, and I can say that I have removed, repaired or replaced everything except for the convertible top.

I will do my best to detail what is in this car as best I can, but there is no way I can give you the full run down of everything, there is just too much.

Photos wise, I will upload some to a folder on my server, and if you think you need more let me know. I have THOUSANDS of them of this car over the years.

First off the car does have a salvage title. It was a front end wreck in 96 when it had less then 20k on it. It was brought to a body shop and repaired correctly. If you doubt this, ask any of the numerous people here who have seen it first hand or helped work on it. She is as straight as an arrow, and clean from end to end.

Currently she has a 385 LT1 built by Nick at Victory Racing. Fully forged internals, 4 bolt conversion, diamond pistons, Eagle crank and 6 inch rods, Comp cam, ALL THE GOOD STUFF. No corner was trimmed. The intake, fuel rails and alternator were hand polished by the late Chris Jackson, and the alternator has been relocated via the relocation kit that I helped design a few years back. 58mm Holly TB with a ram air box to fit the Ultra Z hood that is on it. Full 8an fuel system with braided lines front to back, with Mallory screw in filter, regulator and hotwire kit with upgraded pump in tank. Has Magnacore 10mm wires, electric WP, AC delete, and all emmisions **** is gone. Tune by CARS at 426 RWHP with less than 5000 miles on it.

Trans is a th350 with a reverse manual valve body, no brake. 4200 coan nonlockable converter with ballon plates. I have a buddy of mine that builds these, and this one it tough. We upgraded all the spags and the drum and all that **** when we built it. Has a Hurst Promatic shifter installed in it as well. Also has a Kevlar Trans blanket on it for safety.

Rear end is a Moser 9 inch with a Daytona II center chunk holding a posi unit and a 4.10 gear and 28 spline Moser axles. Has a Spohn adjustable torque arm on it too. ALL THE SUSPENSION ARMS are tubular, both front and rear as well as the panhard rod. KYB shock new a few years back too.

Exhaust is a custom dual out 2.5 inch with dynomax bullets before the axle and a H pipe running off of Hooker long tube coated headers.

Comes with a Nitrous Express kit that has the bottle painted with Real Flames, looks AWESOME. Has the electronic window switch, FPSS, purge, the whole nine yards. NEVER USED, just hooked up.

Wheels are BRAND NEW Vette thin spoke 18's on all corners with brand new Bridgestone Potenza 255/45/18 tires that have never gone down the road, seriously, NEVER. Has had a LS1 brake upgrade front and rear also. Heavy duty sway bars on both ends.

Body wise, it has the SS spoiler and a 10k custom paint job by Star Customs in Grand Rapids. The color is a custom mix red that I picked out myself, with black stripes seperated by a Tangelo hand laid stripe. Then covered in no less then 4 coats of Glamour clear coat. Took second place at Autorama and when you look at the photos you will see what I mean, this thing SHINES.

Interior has black 95 model leather interior, with custom steering wheel. A wolfe 6 point bolt in bar, and a 5 point cam lock harness on the driver side. Alpine deck, with Boston Accoustic speakers front and rear, and a 12 inch Volfenhag 2000 watt woofer in the truck. Dual amps, one Alpine and one Kenwood run all the speakers and it has a Fared cap too.

The car currently has one issue that needs to be fixed, and I havent got the time to do it. When we put the trans back in this past summer from changing it back to a auto from a 6 speed, the flywheel bolts were somehow forgotten to be tightened. When I started it, it made noise and I shut it off and started to look for the issue. I havent run it since, although it would start right up no problem. So back the tranny out, tighten them down, and put it back and you are good to go. No joking.

I love this car, and it is the single hardest thing I have had to do in a long time selling it. But I REALLY need the cash to move my family, and family comes first. I can always build another car.

I have all the recipts for EVERYTHING I have ever done to this thing, and there are alot of them. But you will get those as well.

You will not find a cleaner, or cheaper ride like this, and you know it if you know anything about what I have posted.

The wheels in the pictures are not what it has now. Picture bigger, newer and nicer vette wheels.

www.michiganspeed.com/dreamer1q/rag

I WILL NOT PART OUT OR SELL ANYTHING OFF THIS CAR, DONT BE A MORON AND ASK ANYWAY!!!

$8500.00

Last edited by dreamer1q; 02-02-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:24 AM

wow...that's a gorgeous car! i'm sorry you have to let her go. if i had the money i'd buy that one in a second. top quality work man! good luck with the sale! BUMP!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:56 PM

Beautiful build man, good luck with the sale!

Its not exactly what I'm looking for but whoever buys this car is really getting an amazing ride!

Love the license plate too, I hate rice burners
Old 01-31-2009, 08:04 AM

Title was located and is in hand. Come get her............
Old 01-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

Wow...a chance to own a Michigan F-Body legend is going to slip through many people's hands...
Old 02-02-2009, 10:11 PM

Thanks Jason, no more rides for you man!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

Old 02-06-2009, 09:15 AM

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...LY-MODDED.html

Please feel free to share this link. Being jobless I can really use the money if this sells!!!

100 bucks if you get a buyer for it