1969 Chevrolet Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Platinum Vendor

Exclamation 1969 Chevrolet Camaro

This is a 1969 Camaro Rally Sport tribute. This Camaro started life as a base 6cyl/manual 3 speed column shifter. It was cortez silver w/ blue interior. It's a pre X code car. If you have ever built or restored a car like this, then you know how much is required to get one looking like this and then being able to drive it anywhere without a worry. Sure you can buy a rusty shell for $5k or more because you think that's gonna save you money in the long run. Take it from me, it doesn't! After a few years of countless labor hours working on it and restoring every inch of the car, guess how much MORE money you will have spent. Trust me, it's best to buy one already complete. I have over 40k in mine. I realize nobody will buy it for what I have in it, just asking for a fair price. Buy it and drive it home.
With that said, here are the details:
A frame off restoration was completed in 2009. The body and frame were soda blasted and sealed. With the exception of the roof and rocker panels, most all of the exterior sheet metal is new. Also a passenger side front floor pan, shift tunnel, lower cowl and trunk pan. New front and rear bumpers. The exterior paint is BMW artic silver. It's got a nice flop to it. It can go from a gunmetal grey on a cloudy day to a bright silver in the sunshine that really shows off the classic body lines.
Black houndstooth interior.
The engine is a high nickel 4 bolt main block bored .030 over. 72 production date. The top end is an Edelbrock kit which included aluminum heads, cam/lifters and Airgap intake.
MSD Ignition.
Holley 650 double pumper.
Summit ceramic coated headers. Magnaflow 2.5 inch crossflow exhaust. Functioning cowl induction hood.
Puts out an estimated 350HP. It runs fantastic! Crank it up and drive it anywhere.
The transmission is a 4 speed Muncie M21 which shifts easily. Zoom clutch. It has a 12 bolt rear end out of a 70 camaro. (The spring perches were relocated)
Eaton posi unit with a 3.31 rear end gear. Stainless steel driveshaft.
Complete rewiring kit was installed. (American Auto Wire) It has Detroit Speed electric motors to open and close headlight doors.
Autometer gauges on center console.
The brakes are by CPP. 4 wheel power disk brake kit with slotted and drilled rotors.
17 inch American Racing Torque Thrust II wheels. 17x7 front and 17x8 rear.
Stock suspension configuration with new HD coil springs on front and multi-leaf on the rear. P/S with fast ratio gear box.
Frame connectors.
Pioneer AM/FM CD MP3 player with trunk mounted amp.
Basically, everything on this car is new. I primarily drive it to cruise-ins and an occasional ride around town. Never raced or abused.
Don't want to sell, but it would be financially beneficial. Must go to a good home!!!
I have all the receipts and pictures from the build. There is no original title. Bill of sale only.

1969 Chevrolet Camaro For Sale