`81 Camaro Z/28 Clone - $3900 Northeast area - lots of pics this time `round

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:01 AM

`81 Camaro Z/28 Clone - $3900 Northeast area - lots of pics this time `round

Guys, I am posting this in a new thread since alot has changed since the previous thread I posted.

I bought this originally for my fiance, who then proceeded to buy an LS1 Trans Am. I wanted this to look like a Z/28 in like new condition. I have bought alot of new parts for this, but it is not 100% complete yet and I am realizing I just don`t have the time to finish it since I am getting married and possibly moving in the next couple months. Anyway,

Brand new items:

Dash pad
seat covers front (classic industries)
custom door panels (the expensive ones, classic industries)
door window cranks (classic industries)
door lock pull-ups
many of the interior plastic pieces
interior plastic window trim
the console is not new, but looks like brand new
console lid
carpet
door sill plates
weather stripping
complete 1979 Z/28 striping kit (classic industries) still in container
complete front and rear Z/28 ground effects (still needs to be installed)
800 cranking amp battery
Spark plugs

Near new and reconditioned items:
tires
plastic pieces in interior
rear taillight backing (lights are bright!)

The interior nearly looks like new. The is a small rip in the top of rear seat, but it is not separated and is barely noticeable. There are a few cracks in the lower passenger side rear seat, but not too moticable. I bought this car from the previous owner to restore two years ago, and never drove it except for a test drive. He says it has a rebuilt engine and trans (350, turbo 350), but I only have about $1500 in receipts. The previous owner says he drove it often, and would have no worries driving it out of state. The body is very, very solid, and if it has any rust, I certainly haven`t found it (it is a southern car). There is only a little bit of surface rust on the bottom. This is the main reason I bought the car. It also has a am/fm stereo cassette which sounds decent. I also just installed the new battery, and after 2 years of sitting it fired right up without giving it gas.

The bad....The paint looks good, but there are small dents along the doors. Not too bad, but noticeable if you look straight down the side. The paint is only what I would consider "decent", and not a factory quality paint job. It needs an antenna and the Z/28 stripes installed. It drops a couple drops of oil each night, assuming from the oil pan. The controls are still in the dash for the A/C, and the blower and core are still there, but the compressor and lines have been removed. . If you are in state that requires it, the exhaust will need to be run out the back, as it ends just in front of the rear axle now. There is also a small hairline crack in the lower right portion of the windshield (not noticeable unless you look for it). I was unable to get the shifter adjusted, so it doesn`t go fully up into park. It will need to be adjusted.

The car will come with lots of extra parts, including a B&M ratchet shifter, a complete set of `68 style Corvette Rallye wheels with caps and rings, chrome air filter lid, new intake manifold and exhaust header gaskets, and any of the stock parts you want (fenders, etc., but they are rough). There are more parts as well, just can`t think of everything I got with this.

Overall, the car needs some little odds and ends, and a little tweaking here and there, but is a steal at only $3900 (words of other members on the board ).

Here are some pics. The drivers side marker lights have been installed!

Name:  try2.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  37.5 KB
Name:  hooddriverside.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  88.8 KB
Name:  rightside.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  87.7 KB
Name:  lightson.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  103.6 KB