Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Submit your questions for new FAQ thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 01:09 PM

Re: Submit your questions for new FAQ thread!!

How to tie in the stock factory subwoofers to an after market HU. That is for thoes of us with the 10 speaker systems.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:48 AM

Re: Submit your questions for new FAQ thread!!

Doesn't seem like anybody is making a move on this FAQ thread.

I have one-
How about the fact that all these people keep buying a $60.00 plug to use aftermarket HU with Bose system. It isn't needed yet everyone tells us we have to replace all the bose speakers or get this thing. I have answered this via the following thread.
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380810

I don't know about the 'monsoon' system, but if somebody wants to try it and post results.....
Old 12-23-2006, 02:59 PM

Stock speaker sizes, and what can be in put into the stock locations with a little "customizing"?
Old 03-18-2007, 10:29 PM

just got my 98 z put the monsoon h/unit in and all i get is the front door speakers noting else what do i do or what to check for dont really know much about the car im a ford man but i here the monsoon system sound really good in the cars hope mine will if some one will help me find the problem thanks clean 98z
Old 03-19-2007, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by clean98z
just got my 98 z put the monsoon h/unit in and all i get is the front door speakers noting else what do i do or what to check for dont really know much about the car im a ford man but i here the monsoon system sound really good in the cars hope mine will if some one will help me find the problem thanks clean 98z
sentences....periods..... PLEASE!!!

First of all, there is no such thing as a Monsoon HU" -- the Monsoon and base systems are controlled by the exact same Delco HU -- NOTHING special about the HU in the Monsoon system, and from an interface/wiring point of view, they are identical and will adapt to either harness.

Monsoon system is nothing special....but it does satisfy some. The worst part about it is the distortion caused almost entirely by the factory HU.

all you get is the front door speakers -?? explain that more.... Are the rest in the car? Is the fade all the way forward?? The sail panel speakers are not full range - midbass-ish, so maybe you just don't know those are working? Maybe the hatch speakers a d/c because the original owner wanted more of a front stage? Maybe the rest of them are blown? If you can reach the previous owner, ask them what the deal is if you don't feel like investigating any further yourself, or whatever.

Also, might wanna repost this not-in the FAQ since it will get more attention down there, and isn't really a FAQ.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:13 PM

how do you find a source for your remote wire if you can't tap into anything on the head unit or harness?
Old 06-27-2008, 10:46 PM

Lightbulb

Here's some more:

1. How to properly set your amplifier gains.
A lot of people don't how to do it correctly!
2. 10" subs that work good, and fit in a stealth box.
There's always somebody wanting to know which 10" sub to use.
3. A list of High output alternators that fit our cars.

4. List Popular locations to mount amps, and sound processors in our cars.

5. The Length of Power, RCA,and maybe speaker wire to run from various location in the car.

6. Tips to help minimize the chance of a vehicle theft/break-in.
Simple things you can do with no/ minimal cost.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Knowklew
some info about upgrading the Big 3 on LS1 and LT1 bodystyles
Info on this should be made a sticky. Wheels/Tires section has a bunch of useful stickies.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:47 AM

was this ever made? Some questions I have that I dont want to ask if there is a FAQ section somewhere
Old 11-15-2009, 09:58 AM

I have one. The radio in my '96SS occasionally drops the station's signal, but then after a few seconds, it comes back again. This happens on both AM and FM. Rough roads don't seem to cause it, I can't see any pattern as to when it happens and when it doesn't. I've just come across a post where it was said that a blown speaker can cause this, but it was also connected with in inoperative window, and I haven't checked on that issue. That is to say, when the radio goes off, I haven't checked to see if my window works then or not. I also have the passenger window issue, where it will go up or down just a little bit, then stop. Neither the driver's side window switch nor the passenger's side moves it. You just have to wait and hope it's not raining until the darn thing decides to finally incrementally go back up/or down.

Tom Reynolds
Tulsa, OK
'96 Camaro Z28 SS