Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

95 z28 bose/delco radio help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 07:34 PM

95 z28 bose/delco radio help?

Hi im having some trouble with my 95 Zs radio. I have the bose system. one day i was driving all was well went to a car wash an now the radio doesnt work?!?!?!?!. like not the unit but i mean as in it doesnt pick up any stations. everything else works. cd player clock all functions just wont pick up radio stations. i checked the antenna its fine the wire is connected idk what else it could be? The wires are all conneceted to the head unit?. any ideas because im stumped. idk if the tuner just took a **** or what. really dont want an after market unit throw off the look of the interior. also my driver door speaker crackles when i turn it on at first an seems to work sounds decent still. It may have been just a coincidence that i went through a car wash an then it stopped. if anyone has any bose speakers or head units for sale im willing to buy. or a good replacement option that doesnt look ****ty. thanks guys.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:59 PM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?
Re: 95 z28 bose/delco radio help?

Go to Walmart and buy a $9 generic replacement automobile antenna and plug it into the radio in place of the installed one. That will tell you whether the problem is with the antenna or radio. Either way, you can take it back to Walmart and tell them it didn't fit/work.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:32 AM

I've already tried a different antenna. Plus I remember when. My stock antenna got stolen an I just had the nub where it threads into I still picked up like every radio station. Is there a ground anywhere for the antenna ? Maybe that has something to do with it is there is. I was looking An single din head units I just don't think that they are going to look good in the car. Plus I'm worried about the individually amps on the bose speakers with an aftermarket unit. Not sure how it all will work.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:10 AM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?

"idk if the tuner just took a **** or what. "

"I've already tried a different antenna."

One of those makes no sense. If you have already plugged a different antenna into the radio, then you should know whether the radio works or not.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:33 AM
Administrator

No ground for the antenna.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:13 AM

Well I get it that I already tried another antenna but literally everything on the unit works except for the tuner. Guess it simply just fried. But you would think the whole unit would go ? Where do you find a replacement for it like i want the same one or maybe do a mod to that one so I can plug a six cable in saw a write up somewhere on here for that.