Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Problem Installing Sony Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:58 PM

Problem Installing Sony Stereo

Okay, So I have a 1994 Camaro Z28 with the bose sound system. I bought a sony cd player and uninstalled the stock stereo. Had everything hooked up.. new wiring harness.. antenna adapter.. blah blah blah.. Turned on the new stereo.. had power, everything is working... except the sound.. So I disconnected the speakers from the actuall stereo and grabbed a spare speaker I had sitting around and tested it, I had sound. So there is nothing wrong with the actual stereo itself. But I have a feeling that the bose subwoofer in the trunk is interfering with my stereo? Like.. grounding out the speaker wires. I'm not sure what's going on, I'm going to take it back to Best Buy and see if they know what's up but I know the cheesedicks are going to want their money, I'd rather do it myself because I know how to do it. But I have no idea what's going on, something has to be grounded out.. Seems like I have something hooked up that shouldn't be.. or something that needs to be hooked up still. But I've installed plenty of stereos and never had a problem, I know for a fact that I had the wiring harness hooked up to the stereo perfectly.

If anyone knows what's going on, or has had experience with this, PLEASE reply ASAP before I go spend 60 bucks for Best Buy to do something that I know I can do myself.

Thanks everyone.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:12 PM

Re: Problem Installing Sony Stereo

If you have access to a multi-meter, test the speaker wires behind the radio to see if any read ground.