Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

pheneuf

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 05:29 PM

pheneuf

hi i have a 1996 rs and i wanted to put in a new stero and it will not play any sound in comes on i put another speacker and it works . so i know that my stero is woking but why does it work with my new stero it works with the old one. can any one tell me why it's not working pleases.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 PM

Re: pheneuf

i'm so confused... not to be mean, but use punctuation and proper spelling so we can fully understand your problem. what did you put in? a new head unit, new speakers?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:39 AM

Re: pheneuf

Originally Posted by L.dookie
i'm so confused... not to be mean, but use punctuation and proper spelling so we can fully understand your problem. what did you put in? a new head unit, new speakers?
^what he said.
But Ill take a shot anyways. you have a grounded out speaker. The old radio isnt as sensitive to it or doesnt care that one channel is grounded. The new radio has a protection circuit on the amp so it doesnt fry... no output.
check to make sure you have no blown speakers. If you have access to a multimeter read the resistance (ohms) for each speaker and check to see if any of the speaker wires read chasis ground.