Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Need SLP speedometer calibration instructions!!

Old 03-22-2009, 01:20 PM

Need SLP speedometer calibration instructions!!

I just got my hands on a SLP speedo calibration box.. only problem is .. i have no intructions. PLEASE HELP!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:53 AM

Re: Need SLP speedometer calibration instructions!!

Did you ever find a set of instructions?
I can tell you how to hook it up, but the only switch settings I know are the ones to take a 3.23 gear to 3.73.

I'm trying to find instructions as well.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:26 PM

Re: Need SLP speedometer calibration instructions!!

on my 1998 Trans am, instructions are on dark paper, not copyable. Instructions were wrong any how, Here is how mine worked out.
SLP box red +12 ign. fused, from the blue 8 pin connector with an orange lanyard, at the rt kick panel, a pink wire. This should be a 3 way connection.
SLP Box yellow (NOT WHITE as per SLP instruction) I Did NOT cut it off short and tuck it back in the box, per instructions. I connected to a green and white stripe wire in a 8 pin connector with an orange lanyard. This was on the side of the wire leading back to the car firewall. I found it was active with the OUTPUT LED flashing. I tested it with a Fluke model 87 Meter using the HZ mode. 2 wire connection.
SLP Orange was the input from the speed pulse in the car. It was normally "quiet" ON at 0 mph and flashes faster with speed. I attached to the other side of the Green with white stripe wire. A 2 wire connection.
SLP all other wires were connected to chassis ground. This was not in the instructions. Untill I tied everything else to ground the speedometer varied wildly and was not "Calibratable". I believe they were picking up and transmitting electrical "noise" as speedometer inputs.
SLP bit settings in the instructions were the exact reverse of what I expected. I made multiple changes at the same time, from 2.73 ratio to 3.08, and 16 in to 17 in wheels. The standard no change calibration is bit 3,6,7. I think. I ended up at bit 1,2,5,6,7. Dead nuts perfect by Richmond Hill Ga. police radar at 44 mph. (Thanks to unnamed officer).
No guarantee implied. this worked for me. An '02 Z28 was nearly the same. I just found the + 12 with my meter.
hope this helps.