Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

need new speakers, need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:15 PM

need new speakers, need help

So, i think i need new speakers throughout the car. what should i get? does anyone have a setup for sale, like something that includes all of the speakers i need to replace the factory ones? if not, what should i buy? i really dont know much about this audio stuff, so any help would be great.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:45 PM

What are you willing to spend ?
Is this just a factory replacement, deck and 4 speakers?
Do you want a subwoofer in your system?
Or Are you looking for a ground pounder!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:55 PM

something better than stock, as cheap as i can get for a quality system, subwoofer, not really needed, but cheap then yes, just a quality system for cheap. I just bought the car and it has amps and a sub, but it all seems like junk, and it takes up the whole back seat, and the factory door speakers, and the ones in the back sound like junk right now, cracking a lot, idk if theyre blown, or if theyre just not setup right. Also, the radio is already changed, so just speakers. like i said, i really dont know much about this stuff, so any help would be great
Old 04-17-2008, 09:02 PM

Is the amp for the main speakers or sub?
Or are the main speakers wired to the deck?
Define cheap? $50 a pair? $80 a pair????

Last edited by bluz28; 04-17-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:06 PM

I dont even know, I know I have something up under the steering wheel that controls everything, and everything goes through that, and there are three amps mounted in the back, and one 10" or 12" sub. any help, also would this be a good deal, for the 225 what should i get? or is this not a good deal?
"For a cheaper set of speakers that are still like the factory components but way better sounding, I have a couple of specials I can offer you.
For an inexpensive set of speakers for the doors I have a set of RCA RC6500C components that are very good for the price range. These feature carbon injected cones, rubber butyl surrounds, and titanium tweeters. All that and 300watts power handling for $79.00 shipped.
I also have a pair of MA Audio Y30C6's that are NIB as well but the box is a little rough. They got moved around a few times but have never been installed. These basically have the exact same features the RCA's have but the tweeter is adjustable in the crossover section. These are available for $99.00 shipped.
For your sail panels I have a few options. The least expensive of the bunch but a very good sub for the sails is the Bazooka replacement subs. These pack a nice punch and fit in the stock location. They are available in DVC or SVC versions for $119.00 with shipping included. I also have midbass driver from CDT, which are audiophile grade midwoofers. The CL-6 is a great driver and produces excellent midbass. These are $129.00 shipped.
For the rear hatch area I have the 4" Powerbass Xtreme series coaxials that have fiberglass cones and silk tweeters. Very good and only $24.99.
If you want to do a package on any of these combined. I can put it all together, your choice of the above for $225.00 shipped. This would replace every speaker in your car with high quality speakers you will never have to mess with again.
Let me know what you think as I have a couple of other options as well."
Old 04-17-2008, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by drJsl2008
I dont even know, I know I have something up under the steering wheel that controls everything, and everything goes through that, and there are three amps mounted in the back, and one 10" or 12" sub. any help, also would this be a good deal, for the 225 what should i get? or is this not a good deal?
"For a cheaper set of speakers that are still like the factory components but way better sounding, I have a couple of specials I can offer you.
For an inexpensive set of speakers for the doors I have a set of RCA RC6500C components that are very good for the price range. These feature carbon injected cones, rubber butyl surrounds, and titanium tweeters. All that and 300watts power handling for $79.00 shipped.
I also have a pair of MA Audio Y30C6's that are NIB as well but the box is a little rough. They got moved around a few times but have never been installed. These basically have the exact same features the RCA's have but the tweeter is adjustable in the crossover section. These are available for $99.00 shipped.
For your sail panels I have a few options. The least expensive of the bunch but a very good sub for the sails is the Bazooka replacement subs. These pack a nice punch and fit in the stock location. They are available in DVC or SVC versions for $119.00 with shipping included. I also have midbass driver from CDT, which are audiophile grade midwoofers. The CL-6 is a great driver and produces excellent midbass. These are $129.00 shipped.
For the rear hatch area I have the 4" Powerbass Xtreme series coaxials that have fiberglass cones and silk tweeters. Very good and only $24.99.
If you want to do a package on any of these combined. I can put it all together, your choice of the above for $225.00 shipped. This would replace every speaker in your car with high quality speakers you will never have to mess with again.
Let me know what you think as I have a couple of other options as well."
Are you quoting KeeAudio?????

Last edited by bluz28; 04-17-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:20 PM

yeup, he just sent me that email, is that not good or something?
Old 04-17-2008, 09:26 PM

Thumbs up

Your post just seemed a little confusing, that's all.

Kee will square you away! He's a good guy to do business with
Old 04-18-2008, 05:54 PM

yeup, he just sent me that email, is that not good or something?
It's just always a good idea to list your sources.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:37 PM

ok, thanks, ill look into it
Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 PM

..."For a cheaper set of speakers that are still like the factory components but way better sounding, I have a couple of specials I can offer you.

For your sail panels I have a few options. The least expensive of the bunch but a very good sub for the sails is the Bazooka replacement subs. These pack a nice punch and fit in the stock location. They are available in DVC or SVC versions for $119.00 with shipping included.
Damn, I might be interested in these, myself.

Last edited by euforia51; 05-12-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:27 AM

Re: need new speakers, need help

Ive been looking and looking to figure out what these Kee Audio speakers are.
I just purchased a pair of Memphis 6.5"s for my 97 Camaro's doors then after noticing the wiring setup found ive opened a can of worms.
The new speakers are 4ohm. I got them to work by using 2 of the wires, yet of course there's low volume. Its been a week and i still havent moved any further than replacing the passenger speaker till i figure out how best to spend my money.
The question is, im willing to accept and go for the idea of this Kee Audio setup to have it work correctly. However i have no idea what they sound like and cant find any information as to what these speakers are. The stock, monsoon i assume, speakers are just ok but actually kind of dull and i want to liven up the sound. The memphis in here doesnt give any improvement that i can tell so far and of course are "quiter" by maybe have compared to the drivers speaker. So, sound quality wise is there a difference? Or do i just need to rewire this whole car to the head unit or a new amp to improve the sound? And what kind of apeakers are these Kee?