Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

More Wiring Woe's.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 06:58 PM

Unhappy More Wiring Woe's.....

Hey everyone, just thought i would update you on the progress of my attempt to get all my wiring back to factory and boy, has it been one surprise after another......Anyways, im going to keep this post going with my progress and problems i encounter on my journey to correct all my wiring. Just a bit of history for those of you that are not familiar with my project...about 2 months ago i purchased a 1994 z28 with a fresh LT1 in it. Little did i know at the time that it was actually a motor/ECU swap and not just simply a rebuild. Since then i have been trying to go back through the car and straighten up the wiring issues it had from the previous idiot cutting off plugins and trying to wire stuff that should not have been wired. Well, today i decided to replace my passenger side window motor since it had been dragging. After removing the door panel i was actually amazed at the mess i found. the previous owner had apparently tried to do God knows what. the plugin from the power lock was completely gone and the wires from the lock were spliced into a solid white wire that led back to the bypass or auto start module that was hidden under the center console. all i can say is "wow"...what a moron for ever cutting into the factory harness. Its actually a miracle that the car has not burnt to the ground yet which is exactly why i have been going through the wiring harness of the whole car. The good news is that i got my power window to work properly now but now i have to try and find the correct factory plugin ends for the lock. i am almost sure that the driver side has been butchered too but i haven't confirmed this yet. if i had know in the beginning that this car had been used for an experiment of some wicked sorts, i would never had touched it. i am determined to make a nice Z from it after all is said and done....Stay tuned for more from what i have nick named my z "Frankenstein".....