Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Headlight/Parking Lights/Dash Light Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:32 PM

Headlight/Parking Lights/Dash Light Issue

Sorry for a lengthy post, but I want to try and lay everything out I'm experiencing. 2 weeks ago Monday I was driving my 95 firebird home from the office with my parking lights on and noticed the left turn signal arrow on my dash was on solid green. I thought maybe it was saying I had a bulb out on that side and when I made it home I found no bulbs out, nor a fuse blown on the car. I then also noticed my headlights would light up, but not flip up when called on. Also, when I turn on my parking lights, the drivers side front light is off/passenger side on; when I go to full headlights, the drivers side front parking light is on/passenger side off. The fixes I've tried are:

1) Checking all fuses on the driver's side of the dash and under the hood in the fuse box.

2) Replaced the headlight control module with a used one off ebay. After it working while everything was apart and then putting it back together, it started giving me the same symptoms as above.

3) I just ordered a new headlight control module and tested it, while the solid green turn light on the dash doesn't seem to be there; neither the headlights will flip up and the parking lights are still acting strange.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions the forum could offer!

Thank you!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?
Re: Headlight/Parking Lights/Dash Light Issue

I suspect an open connection at the ground of the left turn/park lamp bulb and socket. This diagram (shown for right side) shows how that condition would cause the turn indicator light to be on. The lights may seem to be working because they can run current through other paths (like the indicator bulb). This probably doesn't explain the headlight door problem, but that may be coincidence.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/mem...-bulb-6041.png