Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

02 Z28 Aftermarket Alarm Removal???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 07:31 PM

02 Z28 Aftermarket Alarm Removal???

Ok so im new to this site, and this is my first question ever (honestly i dont even know if im in the right area) but heres the deal. My security light has come on for my 02 Z28, and i honeslty think its this aftermarket alarm system that is hooked up to it. It was already installed on it when i bought the car and i think its hooked up into the dome light as well as in my door unlock. Ive taken off my door panel and found two wires (grey and black) just hangin out. IDK what that means because i didnt put this system in. I also took apart the underneath of my dash and theres a lot of aftermarket activity that im just not knowledgeable enough about. The box im holding in my hand makes all sorts of clicks and hums if i move it around and the two fuses there affect it (because i unplugged them and it stopped) Honestly i want to see if i can just take this thing out and put it back as it was stock and hopefully solve the security light problem, plus id like to have my domelight back, and also if its even the problem. I believe it is though because there is nothing else wrong with my car and the security light is affecting my ability to start the vehicle sometimes. Anyone know at all what im dealing with or how to remove it??? Also i have taken pictures of all these things but i dont know how to post them in this thread...