CamaroZ28.Com Podcast Talk about the CamaroZ28.Com Podcast, our weekly online radio show.

Podcast #283 - The Super Bowl Camaro blitz episode.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Cool Podcast #283 - The Super Bowl Camaro blitz episode.

Podcast #283

RSS Feed

ITunes Music Store Link

The Super Bowl Camaro blitz episode.

GM is back this year with some Super Bowl commercials. The plan to debut six brand new commercials during the Super Bowl. A few have already been released this week for the Camaro and we discuss. If you haven't seen them yet, check them out at https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=795337.

Sales figures for January 2011 were released this week and Camaro stays on top! https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=795435

Oshawa plant tour open house tickets now available! http://www.ontariocamaroclub.com/registration.php. Join CamaroZ28.COM this June for the BBOMG event in Oshawa.

A message from the Fbodfather regarding the what may, or may not be seen at the Chicago Auto show this week. We also have information on the Main Street in Motion show that is touring the US this year. https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=796240

We have some e-mails and more voicemails for the week and announce our voicemail winner for the month of January, 2011. Get your voicemails in as we continue our Voicemail prize of the month for 2011.

You can know hear our show on Stitcher Radio. Stitcher allows you to listen to your favorite shows directly from your iPhone, Android Phone, BlackBerry and Pre.
On-demand and on the go! Don’t have Stitcher? Download it for free today at Stitcher.com.

You can now access our Message board through the Tapatalk app for the iPhone, and Android powered devices. http://bit.ly/dbipkw

Become a Facebook Fan of ours - http://bit.ly/9QMC3g.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter. Check us out at http://www.twitter.com/camaroz28com.

You can now listen to this podcast right from your cell phone at anytime. Just dial 650-644-1939 and our newest episode of our Podcast will be available for you to listen.

If you'd like to be in our Podcast by asking a question, or just making a comment, we have a phone number you can call now. It is (586)486-3182 or you can e-mail a question to both of us at webmasters@camaroz28.com. Also, if you enjoy the Podcast please fill out our survey at http://bit.ly/d3faWX
Old 02-06-2011, 01:08 PM

Re: Podcast #283 - The Super Bowl Camaro blitz episode.

Quick comments -

Last time I checked, Roger Penske owns the trademark IROC

Coupe production will be reduced over 50% by April over January....Because of 'vert production, and Regal Production....Cold weather belt dealers who didn't order Camaro's for the lots in the winter....shame on you...you'll have a hard time getting coupes.

Looking forward to meeting my friends at the GM meeting bright and early Saturday in Chicago!!!

I can't wait to see something LUMINA-ting!

Old 02-06-2011, 03:37 PM

Thanks Chris and Jason for sharing my story.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by edklee
It was an honor to share that story with our listeners Ed. Thank you so much for sharing that with us.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:43 PM

I, like probably a lot of other Camaro enthusiasts, am really tired of all the ridiculous speculation on the so called Z28/ZL1/HP Edition etc, etc, etc.... I'm glad we have representatives like Jason and Chris to at least try and set things straight. It is fun and all to speculate but can we keep it within reason? If anything all of this speculation only gives the competition more ideas be them good or bad. I, for one, am not expecting at all that this Chicago debut to be a high performance version. I still wouldn't be surprised if it was the Synergy Series car that was technically let loose at the SEMA show. Or even just because it is said to be "Camaro Based" does not mean it isn't a ZETA platform car like the Lumina in the post above by CamaroScotty. This would be based upon the same platform as the Camaro and G8 then possibly even contain the same engine options. I am as excited as anyone else about a possible Z28 and I hope it does live up to the name and they don't call it anything but that. But I hope we also learn to keep the speculation to a minimum when it causes Ford to come out with a better GT500 or Boss 302 or Dodge to bump up its Challenger. Just my 2 cents, well i guess it's about 10 cents by the end of this sentence.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:58 AM

What's fun is listening to this podcast for the first time today, after "Grandma brought Fish to Thanksgiving"
Old 02-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by TemplarKnight
What's fun is listening to this podcast for the first time today, after "Grandma brought Fish to Thanksgiving"
I didn't make that up. Someone on the Camaro team did and I was just repeating it. I'll never tell who.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:10 PM

i enjoyed this podcast, it did go on a bit long, this is true. whats the word on the mini-cast?OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Old 02-11-2011, 06:55 AM

Location: I was born and raised and reside in Philadelphia, PA.

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
i enjoyed this podcast, it did go on a bit long, this is true. whats the word on the mini-cast?OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
What up Kyle,

Heard you on the podcast. Thanks for the shout to the peeps at the Philly Auto Show. Next year will be great as well!

-Ed
Old 02-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
We try to keep them around 30 minutes or less. It is sometimes a struggle. We used to keep them around 12-15 minutes or less...but that became impossible.

What's a mini-cast?
Old 02-11-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by edklee
Thank you Ed.

Z~
Old 02-11-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD

What's a mini-cast?
it sounds like he means mini-podcast
Old 02-11-2011, 12:05 PM

Gee, and sometimes I wish the podcast was an hour long! I don't know how you get everything in a half hour! We really enjoy listening every week!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Silverado27
What up Kyle,

Heard you on the podcast. Thanks for the shout to the peeps at the Philly Auto Show. Next year will be great as well!

-Ed
hopefully they also extend the welcome to us as well. who knows, i might be looking to buy my first Camaro around that time!!

what i mean by mini-cast and such si that you guys were talking about something you were going to exclude from the regular podcast because of how much time it would take to talk about. that thing, i totally don't remember what it was about, all i can remember when i think about this episode is the turn sequence to Laguna Seca as i was playing a racing game while listening.,,, quick left brake a bit before to gain weight on front, acell, accell, brak eot 60 for corkscrew, off throttle, turn, turn, on throttle at bottom, ...