CamaroZ28.Com Podcast Talk about the CamaroZ28.Com Podcast, our weekly online radio show.

Camaro Podcast #323 - New Site Features and Winter.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Cool Camaro Podcast #323 - New Site Features and Winter.

Podcast #323 - New Site Features and Winter.
LISTEN AND DOWNLOAD
  1. Listen right in your browser
  2. Download from the ITunes Music Store
  3. RSS Feed

New Camaro ZL1 Video out this week titled - Chevy Camaro ZL1 Video | Phase Four: Aerodynamic Testing. We discuss. https://www.camaroz28.com/chevy-cama...ynamic-testing.

There are some new features that were implemented this week on the CamaroZ28.COM Message Board. New search feature, Z28 Live, and more. We talk about these in detail.

Winter storage tip contest is ON! Get your tips into us by December 15th for a chance to win a car detailing pack from Zaino.

We have a bunch voicemails and e-mails to go through this week as well.

You can know hear our show on Stitcher Radio. Stitcher allows you to listen to your favorite shows directly from your iPhone, Android Phone, BlackBerry and Pre. On-demand and on the go! Don’t have Stitcher? Download it for free today at Stitcher.com.

You can now access our Message board through the Tapatalk app for the iPhone, iPad, and Android powered devices. http://bit.ly/dbipkw

Become a Facebook Fan of ours - http://bit.ly/9QMC3g.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter. Check us out at http://www.twitter.com/camaroz28com.

You can now listen to this podcast right from your cell phone at anytime. Just dial 650-644-1939 and our newest episode of our Podcast will be available for you to listen.

If you'd like to be in our Podcast by asking a question, or just making a comment, we have a phone number you can call now. It is (586)486-3182 or you can e-mail a question to both of us at webmasters@camaroz28.com. Also, if you enjoy the Podcast please fill out our survey at http://bit.ly/d3faWX
Old 11-13-2011, 05:43 PM

Re: Camaro Podcast #323 - New Site Features and Winter.

Thanks guys for mentioning the Illinois Camaro Club on your podcast!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:37 PM

Great Podcast
I also have to say to Mudbone, I love my Corsa Catback. My parents who recently got a 45th anniversary Camaro, love how quiet the stock exhaust is.

So perhaps that is why it is quiet from the factory. I think GM realized that, and is why there has been performance exhaust available since you could get the 5th gen Camaro.

If you follow my movies on youtube (skuttduck) I have 3 videos of my Corsa catback on my gen 5 Camaro. I even called in on a previous podcast for the exhaust contest and played it.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 AM

Thanks so much for the nice words for us it means alot to us .
Another great pod cast
Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 PM

Wow! That was a long voicemail. Sorry guys, I was driving and rambling.

I did want to make sure you realized I was speaking of the 6th-gen regarding the weight loss regimen. I totally understand why the 5th-gen is what it is. I suspect the 6th-gen will meet GM's targets for the future -- especially given your comments of how the team "is well aware of the need for the car to loose pounds". IMHO, there is no reason to do anything other than what GM is doing with the 5th-gen car in the refinements that are continually coming. I mean, come on, the 5th-gen is wildly popular and there's good reason for that. My comments were meant to be well-meaning constructive criticism.

As to the factory exhaust being desirable by the mainstream (I hope that's not an over simplification, skuttduck) maybe what is really needed is a factory option for a killer six-cylinder exhaust.

I have one other comment re: the 6-banger that I will leave as a (much shorter) voice mail this week.

Good times...
Old 11-14-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by mudbone

As to the factory exhaust being desirable by the mainstream (I hope that's not an over simplification, skuttduck) maybe what is really needed is a factory option for a killer six-cylinder exhaust.

I have one other comment re: the 6-banger that I will leave as a (much shorter) voice mail this week.

Good times...
I agree. I think the stock is "ok" but so much better with the Corsa.

I had a lot of fun revving the Corsa in the tunnels while driving through the smokey mountains.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 PM

this has to be on the next podcast guys!

Ewanick publicly challenges Farley to a Camaro vs Mustang duel!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Jalopnik:

Quote:
Muscle Car Fight, Ford Takes Bat, Goes Home
After Ford brought out its potentially ZL1-killing 650-horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500, Joel Ewanick, global vice president of GM marketing, decided to drop the gauntlet down at the feet of Ford. "We should take a Camaro, Ford brings a Mustang, we each pick our drivers, and see who has the best time on the Nürburgring," Ewanick said to Scott Burgess of the Detroit News. Jim Farley, who heads Ford's global marketing, wasn't taking the bait despite professed claims to a desire to "take a bat" to Chevrolet. "I wish we could," he said, after hearing about Ewanick's challenge. "Who wouldn't want to do that?" Huh. Sounds to us like maybe Ford's chicken. Hey, Farley — bawk-bawk-bawk-BA-****!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:58 AM

Ford is clearly afraid the emperor's new 630 HP clothes will be shown for what they are. I may think the Camaro a little portly, but I am confident the ZL1 would kill the low-tech Mustang at the ring.