Buyer/Seller Feedback Please report dealings on this site accurately and fairly. Disputes/arguments should be handled by authorities and will be closed or deleted.

[Problem] What is hapenning with Thunder Racing?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 12:33 PM

What is hapenning with Thunder Racing?!?

I placed an order with them October 19th (cc was billed) For Some BMR parts, a Wolfe roll cage with roll bar padding and a McLeod t56 bellhousing. As of right now the only thing that has been shipped and received is the roll bar padding I'm guesing because this is the only item they had in stock...

Everytime I call or email them (if I can get through to someone) I always get a story ("I've been away from the office" "So and so has had to leave work b/c he was sick" etc.) or they tell me the parts are on order but when I call BMR or Wolfe directly they have no knowledge of my order which is obv suspicious.

How would you guys handle this?? It has been over a month since my order was placed (I ordered and then a few days later my cc was billed)

The sad part is I used to do business with them a while ago (2003-08) and never had these problems...
Old 11-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Jlo

Re: What is hapenning with Thunder Racing?!?

I've been hearing a lot of negative things about Thunder Racing it's a shame...
Old 11-21-2012, 10:20 PM

File a dispute with the credit card company before its been 60 days. They have grown notorious for doing this and I had the same issue a while back. I bought a McLeod street twin clutch and same issue you are having. I call McLeod because something didn't seem right and sure enough, they had no record of the order. After a bunch of false promises, I did get my clutch but will never deal with them again.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 PM

I had already called my cc company but they told me to wait at least 30 days before beginning the charge back process so I am going to call them tomorrow as I haven't gotten word from thunder that any of my other items have been ordered... just the same BS (we'll have it ordered by next week, etc.)

WS6 I have done a search on ls1tech and I see now that a bunch of ppl have had the same issues I've been having since there have been changes in management. I would have searched before ordering but it's just that I had always dealt with thunder in the past with zero issues. They were always my go-to place for performance parts, so I just assumed they were still doing legit business...
Old 11-26-2012, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by MTL_Z28
I had already called my cc company but they told me to wait at least 30 days before beginning the charge back process so I am going to call them tomorrow as I haven't gotten word from thunder that any of my other items have been ordered... just the same BS (we'll have it ordered by next week, etc.)

WS6 I have done a search on ls1tech and I see now that a bunch of ppl have had the same issues I've been having since there have been changes in management. I would have searched before ordering but it's just that I had always dealt with thunder in the past with zero issues. They were always my go-to place for performance parts, so I just assumed they were still doing legit business...
Same here. I used them a while back with no issues so I figured they are fine to use again. NOPE. I knew something was up after I read the feedback on tech. I have a much longer story to tell about my experience but honestly, just cancel the order and look elsewhere. They will sweet talk you on the phone because they want to keep holding your money. They are likely in a cash flow situation and basically using new order money to pay for those still waiting for parts. Why else would an order not be placed immediately from the supplier when you place the order?
Old 11-26-2012, 09:13 PM

Yes that's exactly what it seems like based on all the posts I've read.

I called today and it seems like now my parts are finally on their way since I called BMR and McLeod and they confirmed it... I had to threaten thunder with a charge-back on my cc before they finally got the ball rolling though...
Old 12-12-2012, 02:41 PM

Just to update this...

I received my BMR suspension parts, the McLeod bellhousing however never shipped and after speaking to the sales rep at McLeod it seems it's b/c they recieved the order but have got the money yet from thunder yet so it is on hold. The Wolfe roll cage never even was ordered...

I just called my cc company to get my money back for the remaining items since no one at thunder is even reachable any more. What a f'n joke

I'll make a post on tech as well to let ppl know...
Old 12-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

This is pretty sad to hear. Thunder used to be the best place to go, period.

I guess that is why I never got a reply to the invoice for advertising on my latest die-cast car. Sounds like they are in trouble. I hope they can turn it around.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:31 AM

I had ordered a over the valve cover wire kit from thunder and I received everything pretty quick except for my wire looms. Called thunder and the person I talked to called the company where the looms ship from and they had never received my order. The person I was talking to had me on hold and came back in a minute and told me thanks for calling becausE nobody had ever put the order in. received that item a few days later.

Posted from Camaroz28.com App for Android
Old 02-22-2013, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Chet1185
I had ordered a over the valve cover wire kit from thunder and I received everything pretty quick except for my wire looms. Called thunder and the person I talked to called the company where the looms ship from and they had never received my order. The person I was talking to had me on hold and came back in a minute and told me thanks for calling becausE nobody had ever put the order in. received that item a few days later.

Posted from Camaroz28.com App for Android
We shouldn't have to be going to all this trouble though to get our stuff...
I would stay away from TR as far as I'm concerned it seems to be operating much like a ponzi scheme right now lol...

Luckily I got my money back from my cc company
Old 05-01-2013, 12:02 PM

Though their website is still up, it has been reported on other sites that they are out of business. Other people stuck without parts after paying for them.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Admin Emeritus

I feel bad for Thunder...they were THE people to deal with.

I also feel bad for anyone who got caught in this mess financially and might get shafted.

I will alert IB and let them know so they can investigate it as far as sponsorship here.