Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

What do you guy's make of the Camaro "Gag Order" ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 01:11 PM

Question What do you guy's make of the Camaro "Gag Order" ?

This has been touched on in other threads....I think it's something worth talking about.
IMO the order stands to protect information on the next gen Camaro from being leaked.
Personally I disagree with this strategy, although it probably has something to do with the CAW's.
What's your opinion?
Old 11-17-2002, 01:25 PM

is what i think about the gag order,can you tell i'm pissed off oooh yeah.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:46 PM

is what i think about the gag order,can you tell i'm pissed off oooh yeah.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:57 PM

I've been absent to this board for a few weeks, please inform me of this gag order...
Old 11-17-2002, 02:32 PM

Yea, news to me too.
Old 11-17-2002, 02:34 PM

I have no problem if GM want's to keep everything about Camaro secret. Mustang's less than 18 months away & no one knows for certain if it's chassis is based on the Lincoln LS (as some magazines seem think) or a variation of Ford of Australia's latest Falcon (word from there is Mustang will share suspension pieces).

The point is, we know it's comming, and some of us can plan our finances for it. Same with Chrysler's RWD coupe. We know it's comming, but know nothing about it's details. To date, GM has been the same way. Heck, we pretty much know GM's intentions through the next 5 years. Except Camaro.

Unless the next Camaro is powered by a fission reactor, and therefore an issue of national security, it's pretty assine of GM (no matter how many people drop in to attempt to defend it) to make Camaro some type of "off limits" subject. The CAW theory is a red herring. Despite plenty of challenges & about 8 months worth of occasional snooping on my part, no one has brought up one thread of evidence.
Old 11-17-2002, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by guionM
I have no problem if GM want's to keep everything about Camaro secret. Mustang's less than 18 months away & no one knows for certain if it's chassis is based on the Lincoln LS (as some magazines seem think) or a variation of Ford of Australia's latest Falcon (word from there is Mustang will share suspension pieces).

The point is, we know it's comming, and some of us can plan our finances for it. Same with Chrysler's RWD coupe. We know it's comming, but know nothing about it's details. To date, GM has been the same way. Heck, we pretty much know GM's intentions through the next 5 years. Except Camaro.

Unless the next Camaro is powered by a fission reactor, and therefore an issue of national security, it's pretty assine of GM (no matter how many people drop in to attempt to defend it) to make Camaro some type of "off limits" subject. The CAW theory is a red herring. Despite plenty of challenges & about 8 months worth of occasional snooping on my part, no one has brought up one thread of evidence.
that is why i'm pissed off because in a few years i want a new car and for me the only thing is the new mustang but i gm said there will be a new one in say 06-07 i might wait and save a little more money.
Old 11-17-2002, 05:01 PM

Is we is, or is we isn't........

If no Camaro is coming, could they please let us know....so we can move on.

If a Camaro is coming, could they please let us know...so we can start planning for it.

This whole thing is really getting ridiculous already!
Old 11-17-2002, 05:47 PM

Is there any truth to there being a GM contract with CAW about the Camaro name for a certain amount of time? I've heard rumors of this, and if it's true, that would make since about a 'gag order'
Old 11-17-2002, 05:53 PM

that is why i'm pissed off because in a few years i want a new car and for me the only thing is the new mustang but i gm said there will be a new one in say 06-07 i might wait and save a little more money.
That's kinda how I feel, except I'm thinking used C5.
Despite the whole F-Body debacle I do like the Generals products.

Heck, we pretty much know GM's intentions through the next 5 years. Except Camaro.
And that's whats so frustrating.

Unless the next Camaro is powered by a fission reactor, and therefore an issue of national security, it's pretty assine of GM (no matter how many people drop in to attempt to defend it) to make Camaro some type of "off limits" subject.
EXACTLY!!!!

The CAW theory is a red herring. Despite plenty of challenges & about 8 months worth of occasional snooping on my part, no one has brought up one thread of evidence.
I wish I knew the whole story, this was just a guess on my part....
I unfortunately am just an enthusiast, not an industry insider.
As a matter of fact I get all my info from the this board!!!
That and GMHTP.
Old 11-17-2002, 06:00 PM

BTW Red Planet, if you care to add anything!
Old 11-17-2002, 08:21 PM

I don't think there is any paticular gag order happening. I mean, there isn't even a "concept" car yet.

Many companies don't openly talk about future products.

When the T-Bird was pulled in 97(?) I doubt Ford was talking about a new one less then 3 months after it's demise.
If GM wants to keep a secert, fine with me.
I expect a concept sometime though and if there is positive reaction, they might build it.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by 97z28/m6
I've just been kinda going on the assumption that Camaro is gone, and will never come back in its former glory. Until GM says otherwise, or there is some real solid evidence indicating so, I'm not going to be saving money or holding out.

I'm sure I'm not the only one. GM doesn't need to leak out much - just enough to let people know whether they should start saving for a 5th.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:15 PM

Originally posted by WERM
I've just been kinda going on the assumption that Camaro is gone, and will never come back in its former glory. Until GM says otherwise, or there is some real solid evidence indicating so, I'm not going to be saving money or holding out.

I'm sure I'm not the only one. GM doesn't need to leak out much - just enough to let people know whether they should start saving for a 5th.
that's exactly what i'm saying so in a couple of years when i'm done paying of the z i will get a new car and the only real choice i have is the new mustang but if they leaked something i just might change my mind.btw i would love a new gto but they're not comming up here.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:57 AM

Its gotta be that contract stuff. I don't see why there would be any other reason not to give an official yes, no, or when to the public without giving out any details.

Quick Reply: What do you guy's make of the Camaro "Gag Order" ?