Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

June Sales figures up, truck sales way up

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 12:59 PM

June Sales figures up, truck sales way up

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...eries_0705.xls

Areas of interest:

Cobalt: 27,000 (vs. 19k Cavaliers)
Caddy car sales doubled (20k vs 10k last year)
1,400 GTOs (vs. 600 last year)
11,000 G6's (vs. 14k Grand am's last yer)
109,000 (!!) Silverados (vs. 51k last year) - that accounts for almost 1/3 of Silverados sold YTD
19,000 Colorados
3,800 H3's

Although I do not like the Month-to-month comparision (when only comparing two months, you have to make too many assumptions because you dont have enough data), I threw those numbers in there because you can get a pretty good feel as to how many cars and trucks GM moved this month.

Last edited by Chuck!; 07-01-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:03 PM

Re: June Sales figures up, truck sales way up

The employee discount makes me want to buy one of their cars. Cause they're so cheap now.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:12 PM

It is pretty damn sad that every division is way up, and somehow Pontiac managed to DROP 17%.

Of course, my monthly note on GTO is FANTASTIC this month... up 131.9%

Other highlights:

Cadillac, as a division up 63.8%!

GMC, as a division up 84.8%! Holy crap!

Hummer, as a division up almost 200%

Individual stars:

Equinox: +137.7%
Canyon: +177.7%
Colorado: +82.0%
Envoy: +91.7%
Sierra: +127.1%
Silverado: +102.3%
VUE: +65.9%
Rendezvous: +72.7%
DeVille: +72.3%
GTO: +131.9%
Aveo: +94.5%

And a whole host of vehicles around +50%

Sadly, every Pontiac besides GTO and Vibe (+14%) lost ground.

Monte Carlo managed to lose 27%, and Impala dropped 20%.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:14 PM

Malibu only gained slightly, too. I'd say that is a pretty good indication Chevy's mid and full sized cars are pretty stale.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:40 PM

This should send a signal to GM that they priced themselves out of the market. Rather then lower prices and lose face, I say they make the employee discount last forever. That adjusts prices to where they need to be and gives them a way to make Americans feel a connection with the company.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:56 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know what an '05 GTO goes for with the employee discount? I'm real tempted to go get one. I'm not in the market for a car, but it is tempting.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Last of a Breed
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know what an '05 GTO goes for with the employee discount? I'm real tempted to go get one. I'm not in the market for a car, but it is tempting.
Goto www.gmbuypower.com

It will give you the window sticker of any car, and also give you the Employee Discount Price.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:01 PM

A bit less than 31
Old 07-01-2005, 02:12 PM

WOw those are great #'s I can't beleive how awesome Colorado and Silverado did.

XLR sales are up 43.2% for the month and 23.9% for the year, remember when someone started the rumor that this car was a flop it is already 79% towards its yearly sales target and it is only June. V-series is still on the way.

CTS sales are red hot, I think June 05 was a record month.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:22 PM

More...

Originally Posted by Posted on LS1GTO.com
GM Reports 558,092 Deliveries in June, Up 41 Percent

Best Sales Since September 1986
Truck Deliveries Up 68 Percent, Setting All-Time Industry Record
Full-Size Pickups and Sport Utilities Establish New Industry Sales Benchmarks
Best-Ever Sales for GMC, HUMMER and Saab
Cadillac and Chevrolet Have Best Sales Since 1986

DETROIT – General Motors dealers in the U.S. sold 558,092 new cars and trucks in June, up 41 percent compared to year-ago sales. This was GM’s best sales month since September 1986. The strong results were paced by all-time industry record truck sales (382,601) that were up 68 percent. GM led the industry in full-size pickup deliveries, which were up 102 percent. Car sales (175,491) were up 4 percent, with several new vehicles, including Cadillac STS, Chevrolet Cobalt, Pontiac G6 and Buick LaCrosse, posting record sales results.

Calendar year-to-date sales are up 2.5 percent, with truck deliveries up 6 percent and car sales down 3 percent. Second-quarter sales increased 9 percent, with truck deliveries up 12 percent and car sales up 3 percent.

“We had great results across the board in June, and our truck business was exceptionally strong,” said Mark LaNeve, GM vice president, North America Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing. “We see this as an indication that America’s desire for trucks and SUVs is still a strong force in the marketplace. It’s really pretty simple – offer great vehicles that people want, match that with outstanding value, and you’ll get great results.”

LaNeve went on to say that the ‘GM Employee Discount for Everyone’ exceeded expectations. “We were confident that our ‘Employee Discount’ program would hit a responsive cord, but we were a little surprised by just how strong the results were, including bringing over one hundred and fifty thousand new customers into the GM family in June. This definitely moves us in the right direction as we gear up to introduce our 2006 models,” he added.

Chevrolet had its best sales since 1986, driven by record truck sales that were up 66 percent. Silverado led the industry in full-size pickup sales, up 102 percent with its best-ever sales. Colorado (up 82 percent) and Equinox (up 138 percent) also claimed all-time record deliveries. Chevrolet’s newest cars, Cobalt and Aveo, both beat their previous best-ever sales results. Cobalt deliveries were up 7 percent compared to May and Aveo sales improved 94.5 percent versus year-ago levels.

Cadillac continued its strong sales performance, also posting its best sales since 1986, with sales up 64 percent. June’s results were paced by record CTS sales, up 49 percent. STS continues to build sales momentum with its best sales results since launch. On the truck side, each vehicle in the Escalade portfolio posted sales gains. Escalade sales were up 30 percent, ESV increased 42 percent and EXT rose 55 percent.

Buick-Pontiac-GMC combined deliveries were up 35 percent compared to last year, led by best-ever GMC deliveries, up 85 percent versus year-ago levels. A number of all-time GMC records were achieved, including best-ever monthly deliveries for Canyon (up 178 percent), Sierra (up 127 percent) and Yukon (up 96 percent). Buick posted strong sales results in June, with deliveries up 31 percent. LaCrosse sales rose 51 percent, its best sales since launch, setting month-over-month sales increases for six of seven months since its launch. Buick truck deliveries were up in June, paced by strong Rainier (up 34 percent) and Rendezvous (up 73 percent) sales. Pontiac G6 had its best-ever sales in June as the first coupes began arriving in dealerships.

The all-new HUMMER H3, which as a 2006 model was not included in the ‘GM Employee Discount for Everyone’ program, is off to a strong start with 3,841 units sold in June. HUMMER had its best sales month since the launch of the division mid-2002, with deliveries up 199 percent compared to year-ago levels. H2 deliveries established a new June record, with sales up 31 percent compared to year-ago levels.

Saturn also had a strong sales month (up 33 percent), led by record June deliveries for Vue, which were up 66 percent compared to year-ago levels. Relay also had its best sales-to-date, with deliveries that were 31 percent above May levels.

Saab had its best-ever sales results in its 49-year history in the U.S., with deliveries up 57 percent compared to last June. The 9-2X had its best sales-to-date, posting a 77 percent improvement over May sales. Production of the all-new 9-7X SUV continues to ramp up.

Official GTO sales of 1442, and 6907 YTD
Old 07-01-2005, 02:37 PM

The best sales month in nearly 20 years and all they had to do was virtually give them away!
Old 07-01-2005, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by possumslayer
The best sales month in nearly 20 years and all they had to do was virtually give them away!
Read some of the other threads. GM's average incentive in June actually decreased slightly from May.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:12 PM

What would be interesting to find out, is where those sales came from.

What I mean is............... the media was expecting Fords sales to be down significantly, due to the GM promotion............. but they weren't (they were actually up 1% for all brands combined, and Ford (brand) car sales were up 9%). Where were the sales stolen from???

Also, what percentage of these sales were stolen from themselves????

I do realize that coming up with actual numbers is probably close to impossible. It would just be real interesting to know.

Conquest sales are easy to measure........... but aren't entirely accurate. By this, I mean that it is easy to see that someone who bought their new GM didn't own one prior. What isn't known, is how many of those people were actually looking to buy a GM anyway (and this promotion just moved them faster).

Anyway, just paint me curious.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:06 PM

Yawn.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:40 PM

Those numbers are crazy.

Quick Reply: June Sales figures up, truck sales way up