Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

GTO ordering information / standard equipment

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 08:32 PM

Lightbulb GTO ordering information / standard equipment

Posted at ls1.com

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=316826

2004 GTO All items are standard equipment. THe only options is the 6 speed transmission.

EXTERIOR

Standard Eqpmt. (No optional equipment)

Antenna, in-glass, rear window
Daytime running lamps
Door lock, cylinder driver side only
Exhaust outlets, chromed, dual tips
Fog lamps, front
Headlamps, auto-on/off, programmable delay
License plate cover, front
Mirrors, outside rearview, power, LH/RH remote control, electric, manual folding, body colored
Spoiler, rear, aerodynamic
Tire, spare, compact
Tires, P225/50R17-93W, blackwall
Wheels, 17" x 8" (43.2 cm), 5-spoke aluminum
Wipers, intermittent, front, controlled-cycle

INTERIOR

Air bags, frontal, driver and right front passenger
Air conditioning, manual single zone
Console, front, center, floor, includes storage compartment and accessory power outlet and twin cupholders
Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed includes telltale in instrument panel cluster
Defogger, rear-window, electric, includes front and side window outlets, driver and front passenger
Driver Information Center, includes average speed, season odometer, average mpg, elapsed time, trip odometer, trip time remaining, trip distance remaining, fuel used, overspeed, range and instant mpg
Door locks, power includes lockout protection
Floormats, carpeted, front and rear
Fuel filler door release, power
Instrumentation, analog, backlit, includes speedometer, temperature, fuel and tachometer
Keyless entry, remote, programmable
Lighting, lamp interior roof, courtesy and dual reading, footwells, time delay on entry
Map pockets, driver and front passenger seatbacks
Mirror, inside rearview
Safety belts, 3-point, driver and front passenger, height-adjustable
Safety belts, 3-point, rear, all positions
Safety belts, rear seat child anchor points
Seat adjuster, power driver and front passenger, 8-way
Seat adjuster, manual lumbar control, driver and front passenger
Seats, front and rear sport bucket, leather
Seat headrest, front and height adjustable
Shift ****, leather trimmed
Sound system feature, 10-speaker sound system
Sound system, 6-disc CD changer in-dash, ETR AM/FM stereo with auto-tone control, 200 watt Blaupunkt stereo
Steering wheel, adjustable, rake and telescope, steering wheel mounted radio controls, includes leather wrapped rim
Storage, door bins
Theft-deterrent system, content protection
Visors, vanity mirror illuminated with cover, driver and front passenger
Windows, power, includes driver and passenger express-down

MECHANICAL

Battery, Delco maintenance free, includes rundown protection
Brake/transmission shift interlock, automatic transmission
Brakes, 4-wheel antilock
Drivetrain, rear-wheel drive
Emissions, Federal requirements
LS1 Engine, 5.7L V8 SFI aluminum (350 HP [260.7 kW] @ 5200 rpm, 365 lb.-ft. [492.7 N-m] @ 4000 rpm)
Exhaust, dual with bundled single side tips
Limited slip differential
Steering, power, rack-and-pinion
Suspension, Sport, independent rear suspension
Traction Control with on/off switch
Transmission, 4-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive

COLOR AND TRIM
Exterior/Interior
Quicksilver Metallic/ Black or Red with red stitching and red gauges
Impulse Blue Metallic/ Black or Blue w/ blue stitching and blue gauges
Barbados Blue Metallic/ Black w/ silver stitching and barbados blue gauges
Yellow Jacket/ Black w/ yellow stitching and yellow gauges
Torrid Red/ Black or Red w/ red stitching and red gauges
Cosmos Purple Metallic/ Dark Purple w/ silver stitching and purple gauges
Phantom Black Metallic/ Black or Red w/ red stitching and red gauges

RADIO
6 Disc in dash CD changer
Old 05-30-2003, 08:41 PM

I like the new 350HP designation. A little closer to the truth
Old 05-30-2003, 11:46 PM

I'm just still surprised to see that it's only getting 225 size tires. I was hoping it'd come with 275's.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:16 AM

Lack of a sunroof is a MAJOR oversight that should have been corrected for the American market!
Old 05-31-2003, 08:20 AM

Hopefully within the next few years, there will be a convertible option. Might help set it apart from the Gran Prix image.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:45 AM

Tires, P225/50R17-93W, blackwall ???

I thought the GTO was going to have18's, that must be a miss print, even a GTP or V6 camaro come with 235, those will be like bicycle wheels on this car
Old 05-31-2003, 10:18 AM

would a 225 50 even fit on an 8 inch rim? maybe a 225 70
Old 05-31-2003, 11:36 AM

Thumbs down 2004 GTO Equipment

The glass antennae is the worst possible idea. We all know that glass is not a good conductor of electricy or any type of eletromangetic waves. If so, then why do the Holdens have power mast antennaes? Learn for your Aussie cousins, GM!!! AS far as DRLs go, you can order the delete option on the DRLs, or INSIST to have the DRLs disconnected before taking delivery because DRLs are NOT mandatory in the USA. Log on to www.petitiononline.com/BANDRLs for further details!
Old 05-31-2003, 01:21 PM

The more i'm reading about the car, the more i like it...Some minor quibbles aside, i think this car will be a HUGE hit, especially when the aftermarket catches up (I would think some if not most of the f-body mods can be easily adapted.) Lots of people have talked about how the original GTO was just a run-of-the-mill tempest with an option box checked. That's what i *think* will happen with this car, which is closer to the tempest in spirit that the GTO.

Next year, I predict the GTO will have an LS6 option, with a stronger suspension, sunroof, better tires/wheels and other goodies. That would be a GTO in a truer sense.

So, 2004 GTO=Tempest
2005+ GTO = "Real" GTO
Old 05-31-2003, 01:25 PM

Re: 2004 GTO Equipment

Originally posted by Joe Dugan
The glass antennae is the worst possible idea. We all know that glass is not a good conductor of electricy or any type of eletromangetic waves. If so, then why do the Holdens have power mast antennaes? Learn for your Aussie cousins, GM!!! AS far as DRLs go, you can order the delete option on the DRLs, or INSIST to have the DRLs disconnected before taking delivery because DRLs are NOT mandatory in the USA. Log on to www.petitiononline.com/BANDRLs for further details!
The in-glass Antenna on my 99 Grand Prix comes in better than the regular Antenna on my 2000 Camaro, I'd rather have the in-glass as long as they can make it work as good as the Grand Prix ones.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:25 PM

I nominate this man, Joe Dugan, for Lurker of the Year Award

BTW, I've never understood why you would want to ban DRLs? Its a safety feature that has shown its affectiveness in statistics since manufacturers started making cars with it.

Also, I think its pretty cool that they have a MPG and instant MPG user interface. My Insight has that and its a very useful and convenient tool.

Last edited by Meccadeth; 05-31-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-31-2003, 03:18 PM

The glass antennae is the worst possible idea. We all know that glass is not a good conductor of electricy or any type of eletromangetic waves.
It's not the glass that's conducting the radio waves, it's the metal wires imbeded in the glass that pull in the signal. As long as the glass allows the radio waves to pass through to the wires (and it does) then everything is fine.
Old 05-31-2003, 09:12 PM

Fantastic idea!!

As soon as I read that part about automatic lights and DRLs, I started thinking Mustang. The one feature I utterly DESPISE about my Camaro is the indefeatable and (I know Redplanet will take me to task on this) IDIOTIC decision to engineer the headlights so you can't turn them off. There is simply no excuse for this, and I had to continuously answer why I didn't turn off my headlights when entering a military base, a federal compound, and almost every other security installation. I began using the standard line [I]"Because someone at GM was (censored) and made my car this way[I]".

Once I the price is set, and we're ready to close the deal, I'm going to demand them to be disconnected. If they don't, I'll go elsewhere. If a policy comes out banning dealers from doing it, I'll write a little note to certain key people explaining why I won't purchase their product.

As for the window anntenna, my parents once had a 1970 Chevy Impala that had the antenna in the front windshield. It work fine till the wipers came on. Also, the Trans Van group had the anntenna hidden in the roof, which also worked very well.
Old 05-31-2003, 09:37 PM

Most GM vehicles from the late 60s to the late 80s had the antennae embedded in the winshield and they worked great.
At it looked good, too. No antenna or stump to clutter the lines of the car.

And I have another question.
Why did the hide-away wipers disappear? From the late 60s into the 80s, most (if not all) GM mid and full size cars had the wipers that hid under the trailing edge of the hood when off. That was such a great idea. Now every car is cluttered with the wipers stuck to the winshield like a Japanese econo-box.