Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Chris...you're good.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 AM

Chris...you're good.

...I mean really, really good Mr Doane.

Image Detail for - The design of the 2013 Holden Commodore will come into focus next month when its US-bound cousin, the

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=4hfchx/3WQS

Last edited by guionM; 12-04-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:01 PM

Re: Chris...you're good.

Camaro rear diffuser and wheels?

Caprice grille with extra bars?

Extended Malibu taillights?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM
slt

Not the most exciting looking car, is it?
Old 12-04-2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by slt
Not the most exciting looking car, is it?
Perhaps not, but it is clean and handsome, just like the G8 - and hopefully because they are only renderings, not the final product there may yet be a little room for some je ne sais quoi. All in all though it's growing on me. I hope the taillights are more like the red (rendered) car's than those on the new Malibu - I can't say I really care for them - Camaro inspired or not.

The yellow car just looks like the current Holden Series II VE SS. The red car looks better. It's hand over fist more attractive than the last (heck, any) 4door RWD sedan to wear the SS badge... sold here in NA!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 PM

Not really a lot of mystery as to what the VF will look like. It's just a matter of putting the Chevy nose on the car that has now been seen on the NASCARs.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by SharpShooter_SS
Perhaps not, but it is clean and handsome, just like the G8 - and hopefully because they are only renderings, not the final product there may yet be a little room for some je ne sais quoi. All in all though it's growing on me. I hope the taillights are more like the red (rendered) car's than those on the new Malibu - I can't say I really care for them - Camaro inspired or not.

The yellow car just looks like the current Holden Series II VE SS. The red car looks better. It's hand over fist more attractive than the last (heck, any) 4door RWD sedan to wear the SS badge... sold here in NA!
Ummm... no. The car is already being shown to certain groups, and it will be shown to the public in a little more than 60 days.... so, no, it's certainly not an "early rendering". The SS NASCAR also carrys the same design.

Speaking of the NASCAR SS, GM worked with NASCAR officials to help create a race car that more closely resembles the production car it's based on. Therefore, the nose, hood, and even the side sculpturing has much in common with the production SS.

There's also another version that I'd imagine would be for the Holden Commodore and the Middle East Chevrolets:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezfl...t-ss-sedan.jpg

Point is, that the red cars I linked are the cars you'll be seeing (possibly saving the rims, but even sharing rim options with Camaro is a strong probability) with just about zero other changes.

(forgive me for not posting actual pictures, but they're copyrighted...and I'm linking them only because they're now available on the internet....plus I didn't want black Suburbans showing up to my place since I don't have a "safe room" ).

These pictures will be available in the next Road and Track, Motor Trend, and most likely Car and Driver magazines.... February edition (on newstands in a few weeks) to preview the actual cars coming at Chicago.

Last edited by guionM; 12-04-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
Not really a lot of mystery as to what the VF will look like. It's just a matter of putting the Chevy nose on the car that has now been seen on the NASCARs.
Actually, yes and no.

The front end will carry over to Commodore.

The rear end is a North America Chevrolet exclusive, designed to blend in with the Chevrolet design language of both the Malibu and Impala.

BTW: speaking of Malibu, GM is already in the process of updating the exterior. It apparently started not long ago, so I'm pretty certain that there isn't any firm design yet. But we should have our 1st look in little more than 12 months, and it should be in production in about 18.

Finally, decision on the next gen Camaro has evidently hit a new level.

When things are still in the planning stage, it's easy to get people in GM to talk about "ideas" of a high profile car (ie: Camaro), or what the next edition should be and look like. Ed Welburn on at least one occasion commented on the challenges of styling the next car, and last year there was no shortage of open verbal thoughts on the Code 130R concept production "what if's" when a GM representative or executive was asked.

That's not the case today. Now, there seems to be a lockdown on talking about either car, a surefire way to tell that work on a vehicle has started.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 PM

Sigh... Not going to lie... I was expecting a bit more. I can't be the only one who thinks that rendering is a little bland?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
Finally, decision on the next gen Camaro has evidently hit a new level.

When things are still in the planning stage, it's easy to get people in GM to talk about "ideas" of a high profile car (ie: Camaro), or what the next edition should be and look like. Ed Welburn on at least one occasion commented on the challenges of styling the next car, and last year there was no shortage of open verbal thoughts on the Code 130R concept production "what if's" when a GM representative or executive was asked.

That's not the case today. Now, there seems to be a lockdown on talking about either car, a surefire way to tell that work on a vehicle has started.
That is what I like to hear. Clay Dean posted on the C130R Facebook page before LA hoping we would like the changes that were made. Since the gray color change and name update Code 130RS were the only changes we could see there have been several requests to get some explaination on the name change. So far we have not heard anything. I take that as a good sign. Wonder what we will see at NAIAS???
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 AM

I really like it.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by King Moose SS
Sigh... Not going to lie... I was expecting a bit more. I can't be the only one who thinks that rendering is a little bland?
I am with you. Its on my list for a new car. Its handsome, but I liked the G8 styling much better. I'll wait till I see it in person (CLE autoshow? Its after speedweeks), but it doesn't have an edge to it. Looks like it will miss my demographic. Maybe that's on purpose.

It has the exact same feel to me as the ATS ... nice, but missing 'it'.

Last edited by Chuck!; 12-05-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:11 AM

Looks good, very handsome but not nearly as flashy as the Camaro or Corvette. It is a nice replacement for the Pontiac G8.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:50 AM

I like it.. I like the red one alot...

looks a lot like they used the holden coupe as a base for this rendering.. or if it is an actual photo (I can't tell) regarless of what it is... i like it.

That to me is a really good thing... I love to see a coupe based on the SS now.

Last edited by jcamere94z28; 12-05-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:30 AM

Car looks great even if it is just a rendering. I'd sport it.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:30 AM

The tail lights are incorrect. Its going to appear fairly close to the NASCAR version, otherwise why even create the sticker in the first place?

I actually like the styling. I'm currently trying to figure our how I can afford both a 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE and a 2014 Impala LS. However, if pricing for the Chevy SS comes close to what I'd expect to pay for the Camaro as I'd want it optioned (~$39k), then I might settle for one new car and not two.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chris...you're good.