Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

2015 Suburban, Tahoe, and Twins Revealed.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:30 AM

2015 Suburban, Tahoe, and Twins Revealed.

Looks GREAT from all angles, minus the goofy looking, out of place, fender extension over the turn signal on the Chevrolets???

2015 Tahoe, 2015 Suburban Officially Revealed | GM Authority

more pics:

GM shows 2015 Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon big SUVs
Old 09-12-2013, 12:41 PM

Re: 2015 Suburban, Tahoe, and Twins Revealed.

Yukon looks great. Interior is awesome in both. My only complaints are..

#1 Why no 4.3L V6? The new EcoTec3 4.3L is as powerful as the old 4.8L V8, it would also help their CAFE average.

#2 I don't like the headlights/fender on the Tahoe. It just looks weird to me. Maybe with a body colored grill it wouldn't look bad. The rest of the vehicles look great though.

With the GMT-900's I liked the Tahoe front the best, this time around, I like it the least out of all 4 front ends (Silverado/Sierra/Yukon/Tahoe).
Old 09-12-2013, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Z28x
Yukon looks great. Interior is awesome in both. My only complaints are..

#1 Why no 4.3L V6? The new EcoTec3 4.3L is as powerful as the old 4.8L V8, it would also help their CAFE average.

#2 I don't like the headlights/fender on the Tahoe. It just looks weird to me. Maybe with a body colored grill it wouldn't look bad. The rest of the vehicles look great though.

With the GMT-900's I liked the Tahoe front the best, this time around, I like it the least out of all 4 front ends (Silverado/Sierra/Yukon/Tahoe).
I like them. If I remember correctly the old 4.8 had little or no advanatge over the 5.3 when it came to mpg in the SUV platform. May be the same case with the 4.3, just to much *** to haul around. The take rate would probably be miniscule as well. Most of the V^'s go the fleet/construction dirction anyway.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:23 PM

Interior looks fantastic! Absolutely love it.

Exteriors look OK from the profile and the rear, if perhaps a bit predicatable / not overly exciting.

Not really crazy about either front end (GMC or Chevy). Like most others, my big hang up on the Chevy is the fender extension into the headlamp. Just awkward looking. Didn't like that theme on Nissan, and don't really like it here either.

I also find the headlamps on the GMC to be too reminiscent of Cadillac lights... especially the ATS's...

Last edited by Darth Xed; 09-12-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:29 PM

Interiors are home runs.

I like that both look more different from each other.

They stressed that they didn't share any sheet metal or lighting with the pick ups. But in this case I kind of wish they would.

Tahoe lights as have been mentioned are odd. And the GMC lights don't look nearly as good as the Sierra.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:21 PM

Did chevy borrow the designer who did the Ford Flex?

Other than that... I don't see anything much to complain about. The engines look promising. The interiors looks promising. The exteriors... meh, but I think the GMC and Cadillac versions will grow on me over time.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:48 AM
West South Central Moderator

Will there be any way to get a 6.2L in a Suburban?

I'm wondering how the Escalade is going to look
Old 09-14-2013, 12:22 PM

Kinda sucks thinking about how awesome the Avalanche would have looked with this body...
Old 09-15-2013, 01:52 AM

Yeah the its a shame the Avalanche isn't coming back. IMO its the best looking truck on the road today. The upscale trucks(LTZ, Denali) need the dash that is going in these SUVs, like GM did with the previous generation.

I think the refresh is looking pretty good, I prefer the GMC Yukon over the Tahoe this round. The Yukon is a huge improvement as I wasn't a fan of the current generation styling.

I am wondering about the Escalade and why it wasn't unveiled at the same time. With each generation of the Escalade it has gotten further away from its sister models styling wise or at least the front nose has. That being said there is really only so much you can to a styling wise to a box. I see GM continuing its sales domination in the full-size SUV market.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:35 AM

I've talked about the idea of getting an Avalanche for years and years, and never pulled the trigger.

With 2013 being the last year, I ended up making a deal to sell my 1970 454 Corvette and my 2008 SRX to a dealer who collects Corvettes, and got the Av in my signature back in February.

I'm extremely happy with it... the (subtle to some, but big to me) differences between the Avalanche and crew cab Silverado were big factors in me wanting the Av...

I hope the Avalanche will be re-born by the time I need a new vehicle... would be tops on my list.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Darth Xed
I've talked about the idea of getting an Avalanche for years and years, and never pulled the trigger.

With 2013 being the last year, I ended up making a deal to sell my 1970 454 Corvette and my 2008 SRX to a dealer who collects Corvettes, and got the Av in my signature back in February.

I'm extremely happy with it... the (subtle to some, but big to me) differences between the Avalanche and crew cab Silverado were big factors in me wanting the Av...

I hope the Avalanche will be re-born by the time I need a new vehicle... would be tops on my list.
Have you looked at the 2014 Crew Cab Silverado yet? If that was out back in February do you think your decision would have been any different?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Z28x
Have you looked at the 2014 Crew Cab Silverado yet? If that was out back in February do you think your decision would have been any different?

About the only thing that really would have changed for me was that the interior of a non-LTZ Silverado wouldn't be totally hated anymore (I really dislike the 2013 LT and lower Silverado interior)

Main reasons I liked the Av so much:

1) It's several inches shorter than a crew cab Silverado... make a BIG difference in the garage.

2) Has a lockable, covered, semi waterproof bed... big for me, because while I want the utility of a truck, 98% of the time, the bed for me is a glorified trunk, and I wanted it lockable and covered, and I didn't have to go to the aftermarket to accomplish this. Add in the fact that the tailgate is a power lock that works with the doors, and it is perfect or me.

3) Looks and rides better than a 2013 Silverado (cant attest to the ride of 2014 , as I haven't driven one yet)

4) The mid-gate was actually a minor reason why I chose Avalanche actually, but I like having it there if I ever need it.

I cant probably list more 'little things' if I think about it... been a while since I was in compare-mode though. lol

Reasons number 1 and 2 were pretty big to me though. Also, not having the separate cargo box like a Silverado, makes the Av feel a lot more 'solid' to me (less flex and rumble I guess.)
Old 09-16-2013, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by 30thZ286speed

I think the refresh is looking pretty good, I prefer the GMC Yukon over the Tahoe this round. The Yukon is a huge improvement as I wasn't a fan of the current generation styling.

I am wondering about the Escalade and why it wasn't unveiled at the same time. With each generation of the Escalade it has gotten further away from its sister models styling wise or at least the front nose has. That being said there is really only so much you can to a styling wise to a box. I see GM continuing its sales domination in the full-size SUV market.
What I don't get is that the GMC is using a Cadillac styling cue with the headlights sweeping up into the fender. The square-ness of the bodystyle is perfect for the new caddy styling. The current escalades are gorgeous rides inside and out If I made stupid good money I would be rolling in a black escalade.

Last edited by Silverado C-10; 09-17-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:04 PM

About the only thing that really would have changed for me was that the interior of a non-LTZ Silverado wouldn't be totally hated anymore (I really dislike the 2013 LT and lower Silverado interior)

1) It's several inches shorter than a crew cab Silverado... make a BIG difference in the garage.

2) Has a lockable, covered, semi waterproof bed... big for me, because while I want the utility of a truck, 98% of the time, the bed for me is a glorified trunk, and I wanted it lockable and covered, and I didn't have to go to the aftermarket to accomplish this. Add in the fact that the tailgate is a power lock that works with the doors, and it is perfect or me.

3) Looks and rides better than a 2013 Silverado (cant attest to the ride of 2014 , as I haven't driven one yet)

4) The mid-gate was actually a minor reason why I chose Avalanche actually, but I like having it there if I ever need it.

I cant probably list more 'little things' if I think about it... been a while since I was in compare-mode though. lol

Reasons number 1 and 2 were pretty big to me though. Also, not having the separate cargo box like a Silverado, makes the Av feel a lot more 'solid' to me (less flex and rumble I guess.)
Exactly the reasons I like the Avalanche, especially the seemless body. I am not a truck person at all, but I 'd love to have one of the final Black Diamond Editions.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:04 AM

I get what you are saying with #1. I would have really liked a full size crew cab truck, but a big negative for me (along with than price and fuel economy) was the length. I got used to parking in the garage and wasn't willing to go back outside. At the end of the day I went SUV because it just seemed like the more practical choice for me. 25MPG hwy with the Edge is nice too. I'm hoping the next Colorado with the diesel turns out to be something that fits my needs and has full size truck competitive interior quality.