Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

2013 Viper..Hot Wheels the spoiler...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 PM

Wink 2013 Viper..Hot Wheels the spoiler...

%u201913 Dodge Viper Revealed As Hot Wheels Toy? - StreetLegalTV

what ya think?

Last edited by Caps94ZODG; 02-23-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:50 PM

Re: 2013 Viper..Hot Wheels the spoiler...

opps sorry fixed..
Old 02-24-2012, 04:07 AM

the roofline, and most of the car from the a pillar back looks pretty freakin close to previous vipers. It does seem to have lost what made the car look 10 miles wide which is sad. It looks like a sports car, just not a viper really... It looks "fiat-ish" which I guess makes sense, but isnt what a viper is supposed to look like.

of course this is all going off a grainy picture of a hotwheels car that may or may not be a correct representation of the new viper
Old 02-24-2012, 05:13 AM
Koz

I think that looks pretty believable as a new Viper that was developed with input from the Italians.

If our first look at the new car is a leaked Hot Wheels model, then I can't help but chuckle.

Originally Posted by VladamirSteel
the roofline, and most of the car from the a pillar back looks pretty freakin close to previous vipers. It does seem to have lost what made the car look 10 miles wide which is sad. It looks like a sports car, just not a viper really... It looks "fiat-ish" which I guess makes sense, but isnt what a viper is supposed to look like.

of course this is all going off a grainy picture of a hotwheels car that may or may not be a correct representation of the new viper
Agreed, but since this appears to be a rendering of a hotwheels model, I'm not too worried about how the real one will look. My biggest issue is that the front end doesn't look aggressive enough, it looks too elegant/refined/sophisticated; and I would prefer something that'll bite your face off Again, I'm guessing when we see one in full size detail it'll have more of that aggressive and imposing appearance that we're used to.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Admin Emeritus

I think it looks very Ferrari-ish in the front clip.

Sometimes manufacturers get early info so products can be launched with the car, but I am wondering if this is just coincidence, kinda like how the Hot Wheels Muscle Tone was coincidentally similar to the 5th gen Camaro:
Muscle Tone - Hot Wheels Wiki
Old 02-24-2012, 09:36 AM

It looks like the car is all grown up now. I hope it has an interior to match. Not that I'll ever buy one, but it would be nice to at least yearn for one.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:50 AM

I like it, it looks a lot cooler than C&D's artist rendering.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Koz

Is this the 2013 SRT Viper's new nose and hood?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Koz
I think that looks pretty believable as a new Viper that was developed with input from the Italians.
I think the Chrysler designers and engineers who created the upcoming Viper would likely have a few choice words for you over that statement.

Especially because the only Italian input they had was from a CEO that was raised in Canada...... and even that input was setting a deadline to get the new Viper out quickly.

The new Viper was already on the drawing boards when Fiat took over.

In short, it's a completely Chrysler design.

FWIW: Might be intrested to know the last Viper engine was Italian.... the Viper's aluminum V10 was done by Maserati (which Chrysler owned when the original Viper was under development) and hand assembled here in the US. The truck V10 it was based on (which was an iron block) served as the starting point, but it was at least as much a Maserati engine as it was Chrysler's. Arguably more.

Lots of misconceptions on Chrysler under Fiat. On another site, some time back someone made the remark that the new 300's design was done by Fiat. In reality, the new 300's design (as was the new Charger's) were done way back when Cerberus ran Chrysler (as was Sebring-turn-200). Robert Nardelli gave a few journalists a tour of products-in-waiting back in late fall 2008 in an effort to secure Federal loans). The trick lighting and the top notch interior materials happened under Fiat, though.

Chrysler had a serious backlog of new vehicles mostly done and in the wings when Fiat took over but had no money to get them all into production.

That's why pretty much everything at Chrysler was redone or replaced within 18=20 months of Fiat taking over ops.

Last edited by guionM; 02-25-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:10 AM

The Muscle tone is totally an artists interpretation or a "Camaro" THough the Muscle Tone did look sweet. they had an interview of the designer..

This Viper the car stock or photostock said 2013 SRT Viper..so..who knows..
Old 02-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG
The Muscle tone is totally an artists interpretation or a "Camaro" THough the Muscle Tone did look sweet. they had an interview of the designer..
I showed one to some GM folks in 2000 or so...and they said something to the effect of "so that's the one we were talking about." Maybe he was just BS'ing...I would think he was...
Old 02-27-2012, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
I think the Chrysler designers and engineers who created the upcoming Viper would likely have a few choice words for you over that statement.

Especially because the only Italian input they had was from a CEO that was raised in Canada...... and even that input was setting a deadline to get the new Viper out quickly.

The new Viper was already on the drawing boards when Fiat took over.

In short, it's a completely Chrysler design.

FWIW: Might be intrested to know the last Viper engine was Italian.... the Viper's aluminum V10 was done by Maserati (which Chrysler owned when the original Viper was under development) and hand assembled here in the US. The truck V10 it was based on (which was an iron block) served as the starting point, but it was at least as much a Maserati engine as it was Chrysler's. Arguably more.

Lots of misconceptions on Chrysler under Fiat. On another site, some time back someone made the remark that the new 300's design was done by Fiat. In reality, the new 300's design (as was the new Charger's) were done way back when Cerberus ran Chrysler (as was Sebring-turn-200). Robert Nardelli gave a few journalists a tour of products-in-waiting back in late fall 2008 in an effort to secure Federal loans). The trick lighting and the top notch interior materials happened under Fiat, though.

Chrysler had a serious backlog of new vehicles mostly done and in the wings when Fiat took over but had no money to get them all into production.

That's why pretty much everything at Chrysler was redone or replaced within 18=20 months of Fiat taking over ops.
Chrysler owned Lamborghini at the time. They did the block casting for the Viper V10. No real mantion of Maserati involvemnt that I can find. Not saying it didn't happen, just seems undocumented.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Koz
If our first look at the new car is a leaked Hot Wheels model, then I can't help but chuckle.
While admittedly preceded by the Mako Shark II, the production 1968 Corvette was leaked as a Hot Wheels prior to the car being revealed to the public.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:18 AM

The new Viper will hand the Corvette it's behind, at least initially.....with updates every year there after to keep it relevant.

Chrysler with Marchionne's not playing coy...........Sergio is a man that means business and you'll see it with the Viper.

Sergio....is the new Lutz.........Agree Guy?
Old 03-03-2012, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Josh452
The new Viper will hand the Corvette it's behind, at least initially.....with updates every year there after to keep it relevant.

Chrysler with Marchionne's not playing coy...........Sergio is a man that means business and you'll see it with the Viper.

Sergio....is the new Lutz.........Agree Guy?
Which Corvette trim are you talking about? A regular C6 has no business being compared to a Viper which is double the price at least. Even then, I bet the C6 would still fare pretty well.

Quick Reply: 2013 Viper..Hot Wheels the spoiler...