Autocross and Road Racing Technique There is more to life than a straight line

upgraded brakes for 2nd gen road race

Old 04-16-2004, 12:57 PM

upgraded brakes for 2nd gen road race

Building a second gen road race car and need to upgrade the brakes. Now have stock disc/drums and want to put wilwood-type discs all the way around. Has anyone done theis upgrade and how do you like it?
Old 04-21-2004, 09:35 PM

i have done a 4WDB conversion to a customers 72 chevelle. i really like wilwoods set up. i cant say how it works as the car isnt exactly capable of moving under its own power. their kit comes with everything needed and for those parts that are included you are given contact names. for example they said call Lokar for the ebrake. i did and Lokar sent me everything i needed. having everything packaged and working currectly is a huge deal for me. i deal with conversion kits and different systems at work all the time. having one that works very well together and as they say it will is great.

the one thing that i can say that i didnt like is that we waited easily 2 months for the kit. not sure if our supplier was screwing around(seriously doubt this) or if it was wilwood or what. everytime we called it was the same old oh we are waiting on this part or that part.