Autocross and Road Racing Technique There is more to life than a straight line

New to me '99Z w/susp mods: PHB adjust? Correct shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 09:10 AM

Question New to me '99Z w/susp mods: PHB adjust? Correct shocks?

I just purchased a '99 Z28 M6 that has some suspension mods, and I want to make sure things are working well together. My past Z28 was all stock, and this one sure feels good, but that may be just the excitement of a new car. Anyway, I just want to set priorities going through the car.

It has the following: BMR sway bars, BMR adj PHB, BMR STB, BMR welded square SFCs, G2 super springs, SLP take-off shocks (decarbon?).

Looks like the springs have settled a little more (shock related?) and the PHB may need to be adjusted. The BMR site shows dropping a plump line off the fenders. Is that good enough? Is there a better way, short of an alignment shop to get the correct centerline? For those with the adj BMR PHB, can you just put the car on jackstands and adjust?
Stupid question ... the SFCs will hold the car up if I place jackstands under them, right? I mean that's the "practical" benefit of these things, correct?

The LG Motorsports site recommends the Bilstein HDs for the G2 super springs. Yes or No? Better off the shelf option? Or does this set up need custom valved ones from Strano?

This will mainly be a daily driver, but hopefully will see a track day here and there as time allows.

Thanks!