Autocross and Road Racing Technique There is more to life than a straight line

Looking for news about your local clubs... Need contributors for grass roots racesite

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 12:36 PM

Looking for news about your local clubs... Need contributors for grass roots racesite

This summer we are launching a site focused on sharing news and events for motorsports events on a regional/amatuer level. If you are a regular at your local events, and can take the time to gather and forward news, notes, anecdotes, etc. on a regular basis we'd love to hear from you. The website will have an initial focus on AutoX, but we're not placing limitations on the types of events that can be chronicled.

Development for all of the automation and administration tools are almost finished for the new site, but we need to get an idea for level of participation from contributing members - be it simply a list of dates and times/results, or full fledged editorial submission.

I've found that each time I travel to a new venue/event in the FLA region, I meet sooooo many cool people and we all have a great time together. What better way for people of all walks (and cars) to meet and share ideas. I personally prefer the squirlish grunt from heavy doses of torque underfoot, but all are welcomed to take part. Even hi-rpm reving, front-wheel-drive turbo types.

Either reply with any interest, or email:

kyle@blurmedia.com
Old 04-26-2004, 02:29 PM

I don't know if you are being specific on any location or anything, but I autocross for Boston's BMW Car club of america. www.boston-bmwcca.org

They allow any car to participate despite their name, they run two courses, one for BMW's and another course for all non-bmw's. The website explains almost everything. They have their own classes that follow the SCCA car classes but they group more cars together. They also limit the amount of people they allow in, so racers will get more runs, thus more experience.

Also, everyone who tells you that F-body cars won't compete against smaller cars are just typical non-believers and really mean that THEY wouldn't know how to control a high powered RWD car in an autocross. That's why they drive their 4 cylinder compact front wheel drive cars, because its easier
Old 04-26-2004, 02:43 PM

A gentleman by the name of Cary Quick comes down to the Ft Myers Regional each year and proves just that with his Z, and if he wasn't enough to worry about, then there's John Aruda also - plenty of quick F-bodies down here.

This site will be non-manufacturer biased. Just looking for regional amatuer stuff to highlight and feature, and people that would like to help gather news, results, and general info. As for location, the internet makes it easy to include all locations. The bigger factor is if you'd like to take the occasional time to send us all the pertinent details from time to time. We're also trying to determine how much detail we can cover about each regional area. With content management and admin tools, we're trying to keep it easy to update content, so everything is always up-to-date.

Trying to have interesting content. Let people see the difference between courses set up down here, or up there. See what is the favorite tire, on asphalt, on concrete. All sorts of things, so people can enjoy and learn from one another.

So we'd be interested in all sorts of submissions from all over the place.
Do you go to a lot of the events?

K