Autocross and Road Racing Technique There is more to life than a straight line

camber/caster adj w/lwr sprngs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 09:36 PM

camber/caster adj w/lwr sprngs?

Just installed DMS lowering springs all the way around, looks & feels nice, but is it my imagination or does the drop change my front wheel geometery? It looks like I now have a little inward caster (I think thats the correct term - the tops of the front wheels appear slighly inboard of the bottoms). Is this anything to worry about? Do I need a front end alignment to compensate for the lowering springs?
TIA
Old 04-04-2004, 01:48 AM

You sure do

I am on here searching for the same thing (kind of). I have never seen camber adjustment kits for f-bodies. Do our cars have camber adjustment built in??? I haven't installed my springs yet, but I have never noticed anything under there that would allow this type of adjustment. What do we need to do guys?

I should be putting my springs in very soon
Old 04-04-2004, 02:13 PM

You just need to get your car aligned. The camber is adjustable, and you shouldn't have any trouble unless you're looking for a pretty dramatic camber adjustment (which it sounds like you're not).

Dave
Old 04-10-2004, 07:46 PM

Thanks Dave...odd that I hadnt seen anyone, either vendors or enthusiasts, mentions needing to adjust alignment after lowering spring installs...it makes sense since it seems to me the "at rest" geometery has been altered...just odd that there isnt more chatter about it. I wonder if most guys that do lowering springs blow off the re-alignment afterward?
The combination of all around lowering springs, new struts, shocks, ST heavy duty sway bars, urethane bushings, LCA's & adj PH rod is great! Ride is solid but not teeth jarring, cornering is incredible, I keep pushing it up & it doesnt break loose (yet).
Need that alignment corrected to push the envelope without nasty consequences I think.