Autocross and Road Racing Technique There is more to life than a straight line

Alignment specs for stock 4th gen?

Old 09-17-2002, 09:56 PM
WOT

Question Alignment specs for stock 4th gen?

My car is a mostly stock 4th gen (sway bars, shocks, etc.) and is on stock springs. What's a good alignment to start with for autocross? Wear on tires and driveability isn't much of a factor since this is a weekend car.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:52 AM

Maybe this will help a little......

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...threadid=21741

- Brent
Old 09-19-2002, 01:24 PM

Re: Alignment specs for stock 4th gen?

Originally posted by WOT
My car is a mostly stock 4th gen (sway bars, shocks, etc.) and is on stock springs. What's a good alignment to start with for autocross? Wear on tires and driveability isn't much of a factor since this is a weekend car.
Maximize you negative camber (in an LT1 that'd be about -.75 or so). Max the positive caster (likely in the +4-5 degree range). Run between zero and 1/8" total toe-out. Works well enough to win me the '02 ProSolo title in my 2001 Z28. Also, the car that finished 3rd in the series was a '95 I setup as well. My car also finished 2nd @ Solo2 Nat's with a friend driving (I was in ESP).

Along that line, shocks are a MUST. The car is very competitive in stock class (where it's cheapest to run too). You simply need the alignment, some proper shocks and more front swaybar (R-tires too). That's it.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:13 PM

Re: Re: Alignment specs for stock 4th gen?

Originally posted by 01 FS Z28
Maximize you negative camber (in an LT1 that'd be about -.75 or so). Max the positive caster (likely in the +4-5 degree range). Run between zero and 1/8" total toe-out. Works well enough to win me the '02 ProSolo title in my 2001 Z28. Also, the car that finished 3rd in the series was a '95 I setup as well. My car also finished 2nd @ Solo2 Nat's with a friend driving (I was in ESP).

Along that line, shocks are a MUST. The car is very competitive in stock class (where it's cheapest to run too). You simply need the alignment, some proper shocks and more front swaybar (R-tires too). That's it.
I've got Biltien HD's and Sportlines going in soon on my '93 Z28 and i would like to get more than my current -1 camber, but i am worried about wearing out my bearings, should i be? Can i go -1.5 safely?

I don't autox, just street driven.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:30 PM
WOT

Re: Re: Alignment specs for stock 4th gen?

Originally posted by 01 FS Z28

Thank you Sam! Right now I've got the 1LE front bar and bilstein hd's all around. I may pick up a 35mm front bar to play around with in the future but I'm going to wait and drive it some more (sunday is my first autocross). I also picked up a used set of 16x8's to mount Kumho's or Hoosiers to in the future but I'm waiting til next spring to buy the tires so I can learn on the steet tires.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:25 PM

Re: Alignment specs for stock 4th gen?

Originally Posted by Sam Strano

Hey. I know this is an old post. Sorry i am new to the fourms. But ibhave spent a lot of time lately reading up on alignment and pros and cons to it all. At the moment i have a 94 Z28. Lowered 1.8 inches with quite a bit done but im wanting the best handling i can get from it. I have got it pretty well figured out now after reading through info and your reply to the question asked. My final question os concerning Toe. I know lowered i can ge approx. 1° camber and likely 5° caster approx. But the car being lowered should i then run any more then the 1/8 inch toe out to compensate for the car being lowered and if so do you have any suggestions.

Again sorry i know its an old post. But thank you for any help you can be!!!
Joe.