Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Yellow valvecovers on Polo Metallic Green Z?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 01:15 PM

Question Yellow valvecovers on Polo Metallic Green Z?

I was thinking about buying a new set of valvcovers just for appearance since I'm in the middle of a rebuild now anyway. Then I started pricing them and realized there is no way I want to fork out $100+ for a set.

I already have yellow subframe connectors and plan on getting a STB too. Perhaps the yellow and green theme will look good? Anyone else do this? Also thinking yellow safety harness and cage would look good (or maybe paint cage OEM green). My paint is actually called "Dark Yellow Green" or something anyway, so I think they go together well. Maybe paint the covers and lower strips of the intake with yellow engine enamel?

Anyone have pics of this on their car?
Old 06-06-2004, 07:34 PM

Old 06-06-2004, 08:59 PM

Umm I think yellow would be a little over done on polo green. The standard black aftermarket parts would be much more tastfull IMO.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:11 PM

Not to curb your enthisiasm, but There is someone here in Houston that has a dk Green mustang with yellow accents and it really doesn't flow. I agree with RedHottG2, black would look best but if your looking for somethng brighter, silver would look okay.

My buddy has a green vette and he painted his calipers red, looks like a Christmas tree! Not a good combo....
Old 06-06-2004, 09:24 PM

yellow green belongs on one thing, and one thing only....

AND THATS A FRICKEN JOHN DEERE
Old 06-06-2004, 09:43 PM

john deere is pale blue mixed with yella...
Old 06-06-2004, 10:11 PM

Mine are polished. Goes good with green.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Banned

Re: Yellow valvecovers on Polo Metallic Green Z?

Originally posted by canbaufo
I was thinking about buying a new set of valvcovers just for appearance since I'm in the middle of a rebuild now anyway. Then I started pricing them and realized there is no way I want to fork out $100+ for a set.

I already have yellow subframe connectors and plan on getting a STB too. Perhaps the yellow and green theme will look good? Anyone else do this? Also thinking yellow safety harness and cage would look good (or maybe paint cage OEM green). My paint is actually called "Dark Yellow Green" or something anyway, so I think they go together well. Maybe paint the covers and lower strips of the intake with yellow engine enamel?

Anyone have pics of this on their car?
Hell no..just reading the color combination gave me a migraine
Old 06-07-2004, 05:53 PM

Red face

Hmmm....I was afraid this might be the reaction. Yellow and Green are sister colors, I guess I don't completely understand what's so bad about it. My Boxed SFC's are yellow and it looks kind of cool IMO .... if I was thinking orange or something that would be different.

Hmm. now you all have me wondering if I should paint my SFC's to match the exterior. They'll chip up bad with that weak spray paint though. Maybe it's just where they're down under my car (plus it's lowered by a Pro Kit) that they don't scream so bright and look out of place. You have to either bend over or be standing several feet away to see them.

I just wanted to add some pizazz to my engine bay for cheap ....maybe I shouldn't bother. What about metallic gold? Now you know that wouldn't clash. Maybe I should rethink my whole theme with metallic gold and paint the SFC's that color too ......
Old 06-07-2004, 06:06 PM

It's just hard to get a color sceme figured out that works well with polo green. I still say black would be the best, but green and gold would work. Of course you'll look like you attend Baylor University.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by RedHottG2
It's just hard to get a color sceme figured out that works well with polo green. I still say black would be the best, but green and gold would work. Of course you'll look like you attend Baylor University.

Actually I went to Marshall University ...perhaps I should paint the valvecovers and SFC's white ....lol.