Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Wiper help! frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:38 AM

Wiper help! frustrated

ok, let me begin my story, i'll keep it short. A year ago i bought new wiper blades (the correct size) that were the whole blade (with metal backing thing) and attached them to my wiper arms. Well, the blades dont bend correctly and only wipe the top half of their length, which leaves me with a nice blind spot that covers my view of the road! I got mad, bought a different brand and the same thing happens. So my question is this, does anyone know a good brand of wipers to get that actually work on our camaro windshields? (i would put the old ones back on and just get the rubber insert blades but i threw them away!!) maybe i should just get some OEM replacements?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:40 AM

I had the same thing happen to my 96 Z. Just put a nice layer of RainX or a detail spray on the windshield and you shouldnt need to use the wipers. The steep slope of our cars washes the rain/water right off the windshield when driving. Good Luck!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:44 PM

Speaking of Rain-X... they have a new set of wipers that should work beautifully and they look sleek too. Below is a link with all the info and how to buy them online.

http://www.rainx.com/offer/
Old 05-24-2007, 03:13 PM

Buy some exact fit blades, they are 24-9R. They're cheap at Advance or where ever like that. You might need to tighten up the bolt underneath the black plastic under the wiper, I know I needed to do that.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by igobuk
Speaking of Rain-X... they have a new set of wipers that should work beautifully and they look sleek too. Below is a link with all the info and how to buy them online.

I have those on my Camaro; they keep the driver side pretty clear; but they miss the top portion of the windshield on the passenger side.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by igobuk

I like how they mentione the spoiler as a selling point.. but dont our camaros already have a spoiler over the wiper to keep them planted? either way they do sound enticing...

I agree with the guy that mentioned the exact fit though, thats what i put on mine when they needed replaced each time and ive never had that problem.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by RacingTiger04
I like how they mentione the spoiler as a selling point.. but dont our camaros already have a spoiler over the wiper to keep them planted? either way they do sound enticing...

I agree with the guy that mentioned the exact fit though, thats what i put on mine when they needed replaced each time and ive never had that problem.
98+ didn't come with the spoilers on the wipers anymore.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:41 PM

NAPA auto parts sells a brand that will fit the LT1 Camaros. I tried every cheap brand at O'Reillys and Autozone and had to suck it up and buy the brand at NAPA that costs ~$16. Can't recall the brand, but once you buy them, you can start just buying the rubber refills.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:32 PM

I just ordered some OEM replacement wipers from GMpartsdirect, now i just have to find a nice set of rubber blades, what size do the OEM wipers take again? anyone have any recommendations?