Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Whistler...make C5 taillights fit Camaros!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 11:18 AM

Whistler...make C5 taillights fit Camaros!

I was just reading about the Targa Top Camaro, which is absolutely by far the best camaro i've ever seen, between the custom nose and the targa. Anyway i used to have an IROC with C4 taillights (still have the taillight kit, but not the IROC, pics are in the link in my sig.). i always wanted to put C5 taillights on my 95 Z28. i never knew who to talk to about this until i saw your work, and it looks like you may be the one to ask...can you make a mold??
Old 12-05-2002, 11:26 AM

have u seen the eclipse with the c5 lights?
in my hometown theres a car that wins hot importn nights and is called "pepsi blue"...it has them lights...looks pretty sweet...even though it is an import =)
Old 12-05-2002, 07:16 PM

If you can imagine it, I can build it... what exactly do you want?

Something that will fit into your tailight hole that has C5 lights in it, or an entire custom back piece with the lights integrated?
Old 12-05-2002, 07:32 PM

I can tell you now, from a profit stand point the C5 lights kit to replace the factory lens only would probably go over big. If you were to make a complete rear piece(s), elimate the hump on the rear bumper like the Callaway C8 kit does. http://www.callawaycars.com/Carsforsale/'94%20C8/94C8rear.jpg

Last edited by Wraith; 12-05-2002 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:41 PM

Make em so the fit in the tail light holes easier to ship and sell
there was a pic awhile back lots of us were contemplateing on makeing these
Old 12-06-2002, 09:59 AM

I was thinking just a piece that fits into the taillight hole because of cost. we could just go to the dealer to get the lenses/fixtures. how much $ do you think you could make a mold for? do you think there would be enough profit/interest in making these?
Old 12-06-2002, 10:57 AM

The rear tailights are not big enough to fit the vette tailights, and if you could they would be way to close together. the best bet for that would be to remake the rear Valance panel with the CAMARO embossed in it. That way you would not be limited by the shape of the stock tailights. It would probably be easier as well. While your at it you might as well redesign the whole rear bumper to get rid of the massive overhang, a-la the Calloway rear bumper, but with different tailights, and without those nasty side vents. That would be sweet! PHOTOSHOP TIME!! I'll post pics when I am done!
Old 12-06-2002, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by MadKilla
The rear tailights are not big enough to fit the vette tailights, and if you could they would be way to close together. the best bet for that would be to remake the rear Valance panel with the CAMARO embossed in it. That way you would not be limited by the shape of the stock tailights. It would probably be easier as well. While your at it you might as well redesign the whole rear bumper to get rid of the massive overhang, a-la the Calloway rear bumper, but with different tailights, and without those nasty side vents. That would be sweet! PHOTOSHOP TIME!! I'll post pics when I am done!
that's what i was worried about, if they would fit or not. I'd like to see exactly what you just described though, our overhang is gay, and the callaway is freakin sweet except for the dumb 80's vents on the sides. now thay you mention the bumper though, i kinda like our taillights, it's the rear bumper that ruins it for me....

OK now i just want the callaway rear bumper. I'd like to see a callaway rear bumper without the vents.

post pics MadKilla!
Old 12-06-2002, 01:09 PM

Here's what it looks like with C5 lights photoshopped. I didn't do these.

http://community.webshots.com/album/44059548CtmoEm
Old 12-06-2002, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by SuperDave479
Here's what it looks like with C5 lights photoshopped. I didn't do these.

http://community.webshots.com/album/44059548CtmoEm
That does not look as bad as I had invisioned it... Beats the Altezza look IMO.
Old 12-06-2002, 03:00 PM

Or...
You could just make them for the Firebirds, you wouldn't have too much trouble fitting them in our tail light spaces
Old 12-06-2002, 03:42 PM

That photoshop pic is nice but not accurate. Those lights are about 2/3's the size of the vette tailights
Old 12-06-2002, 03:44 PM

Yeah I figured. Doesn't look right to me either. I have no idea why the license plate area was photoshopped out either.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:32 PM

OK Peoples, this is a crap 5 minute photoshop job I did while my boss was takin a leak, please excuse the poor quality, I took the first C8 and Vette pic I found. I will take pics of my fathers Z06 and do the photoshop job properly.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...56944358WkAPnc
Old 12-06-2002, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by MadKilla
OK Peoples, this is a crap 5 minute photoshop job I did while my boss was takin a leak, please excuse the poor quality, I took the first C8 and Vette pic I found. I will take pics of my fathers Z06 and do the photoshop job properly.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...56944358WkAPnc
Thats very cool, though I do not like the bumper very much IMO.

I like the idea very much I might fool arround w/some photoshop and see what I can get

Quick Reply: Whistler...make C5 taillights fit Camaros!