Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

those of you with the Pilot Cyber Whites

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 07:45 AM

those of you with the Pilot Cyber Whites

I just picked up a set of Pilot Cyber white remote series http://www.pilotautomotive.com/pilot2eg.htm and was wondering how most people installed them. Did you just using the stock wiring or did you use the wires that came with it including the remote? I was thinking about the remote set up and it seems like there would be a good chance of forgetting to turn them off when I shut the car off. So which is the better way? Thanks guys

One more thing, when I was in at Advance Auto parts (in Indiana) buying the Pilots I noticed they are running a deal on the Silavania Silverstars. buy one at normal price and get the second half off so basically buy three and get the forth one free. just thought some of you might like to know.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:19 AM

A friend of mine has that same set-up.He used the factory foglight wires and hooked them to the relay for the kit,then used the battery for the main power.That way he still had to have on the parking lights to turn on the fogs and didn't have to worry about leaving them on.If you want to turn them on and off with the remote with the car off you will need to wire them straight to the battery.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:24 AM

I used the install guide in my sig...
If you want to use the remote, then you could just use the wiring that came with them, and set them up how it says too. My install guide allows you to use them just like the factory fogs though.
Old 12-18-2002, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by 94BlackBowtie
I used the install guide in my sig...

Sweet install guide...thanks for doing it!!

How bright are these fogs? Do they help out a lot over stock? I have to drive to work at 3:30am and it's really hard to see sometimes and I could use some good lights but I can't afford a true HID system...yet
Old 12-19-2002, 06:16 AM

How bright are these fogs? Do they help out a lot over stock?
They are very bright...the beat the snot out of the stockers...for some pics, along with some night shots check out this page.
I could tell an immediate difference though after I put them on...I aimed my down quite a bit just so I didn't blind people as bad, but if I were to pull them up some, I could probably use them for headlights (on streets I know, or well illuminated streets...not all the time.) Plus, they don't blow all the time! My stocks blew about every 2 weeks...have had no probs with these yet...I think you would very much appreciate them, they are very nice!
Sweet install guide...thanks for doing it!!
Your welcome...and thanks.
Old 12-23-2002, 02:51 AM

i really wanna know the point of having your lights come on by remote. Is there any reason? or is it just a ricey thing to have and extra remote on your keys
Old 12-23-2002, 04:47 AM

I think the main reason for a remote is so you don't have to run wires through the fire wall and under the dash. I installed my set this weekend and just used the stock wiring harness. The are almost bright enough to drive with. For only $38, you can't go wrong.