Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Thinking about painting my car electron blue metallic but...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 05:50 PM

Thinking about painting my car electron blue metallic but...

I think it's about time my car gets a new paint job.. I'm a perfectionist so for me it's started to look like it's getting into rough shape but anyways.. I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback on it (i.e what should I do about the headlights, keep them black or go with it all blue).. or more spacificaly.. any pictures! I know I'v seen one on this board and I loved it. Another thing is the SS badges on the fendors.. this is kinda what I need the pictures for.. I have no idea how they would look (the black with red outline on the blue paint) I one level I'm think yeah there gunna look sexy but on another I'm just thinking to myself woah what if it looks horrible? I would really appricaite any input anyone has on this. Thanks!

Trevor
Old 05-15-2003, 06:12 PM

personally I would stick with black, get a bright red, deep purple metalic, there are some nice greens and greys and silvers, I think a pewter 96 would really stand out nice, I've never even seen one before myself. The electron blue was never my favorite probably because it was so popular, It looks good but i would choose any of these colors over it. Don't for get about the shades of orange you could choose too.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:59 PM

Electron blue is popular? I must say that is the colour I see the fewest of... at least where I live... a main reason (and I know this may sound dumb) that I want to stay away from black is because there is another black Camaro, the exact same as mine in every way that lives no more that 1/8 of a mile away from me.. and I know another 98+ black SS around where I live and another black Z.. so in my case going with electron blue would be very different. I'm not to fond of greys or greens either, and red is just a little too predictable if you ask me. The only other colour that I would consider would be orange because that is the only shade of Camaro that I have failed to ever see driving around here (along with blue of course)... so I'll have to wait a bit more.. maybe I'll change my mind.. thanks for the reply!

Trevor
Old 05-15-2003, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by WhoBetter?
The electron blue was never my favorite probably because it was so popular, It looks good but i would choose any of these colors over it.
I think that you may be confusing Electron blue with Navy blue metallic. Electron blue was never offered on f-body's.

Anyways, electron blue is a great color. It looks 10X better in person that it does in pictures. Good luck!

-Mike
Old 05-16-2003, 03:00 PM

Thank you, still thinking things over though.

Trevor
Old 05-16-2003, 04:09 PM

Originally posted by transam8
I think that you may be confusing Electron blue with Navy blue metallic. Electron blue was never offered on f-body's.

Anyways, electron blue is a great color. It looks 10X better in person that it does in pictures. Good luck!

-Mike
No, I know exaltly what it is, it''s similar to that quesar blue but brighter, i like the blue metalic and quesar a lot but i think the electron is a little too bright, and you can't tell me that it looks better than the red that is standard, that color just glows . the reason colors are popular is because they look good. I would get like a dark pewter metalic type of color and tint the windows and get chrome wheels.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:21 PM

i love that color if i was going to do it i would paint the inside of the lights blue but leave the mirrors and roof black
Old 05-16-2003, 07:58 PM

Pics of Electron Blue Z28. Let me know if they work, if not I will email them to you!

Old 05-16-2003, 10:06 PM

Yeah, the pictures worked.. wow, that looks really good.. I'm gunna have to really consider this now.. the only thing is I'm still having trouble picturing the Black with red outline SS badges on the blue. Oh, and about the black paint where the front bracket goes.. what exactly is that? Doesn't have any gloss to it and I'm not very paint inclined... I would really appriciate if anyone could maybe photoshop an SS badge on those pictures.. or maybe another one where there is a little more light... thanks for the replies!

edit: sorry, but if anyone is gunna do the photoshop for me.. you think you could black out the head lights for me too? Thanks a lot.

Trevor
Old 05-17-2003, 01:56 PM

go with navy blue metallic, never seen it on an Lt1 car
Old 05-17-2003, 04:44 PM

you can get GM black/grey SS badges to replace the black/red ones. I'm going to get them myself soon. They're something like 11 each, and you only need 3, so not bad at all. You may want to email brent to get the PN as he replaces his when he painted his yellow.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:59 PM

ooooo...get this color! I dunno if it is gonna work but if it does go to electron blue trans am......so nice
Old 05-17-2003, 09:25 PM

Probably just the lighting of the picture but that colour seems a darker than what I was looking for.. and as for the black/grey SS badges.. I dunno.. I don't think that would look very good.. but then again maybe I just need to see them. I'm still decided whether or not I'm going to still do it even... thanks for replies.

Trevor
Old 05-17-2003, 09:31 PM

An Electron Blue Z28 would look awesome, for those that don't know this is the color that is on the Z06 and Silverado SS
Old 05-18-2003, 09:32 AM

Yeah, exactly.. that is what caught my attention in the first place because it looks so damn good on the Z06.

Quick Reply: Thinking about painting my car electron blue metallic but...