Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

T/A front end on a v6

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 08:40 PM

T/A front end on a v6

Up at college a few weeks ago my car was hit and got pretty messed up. The bumper got smashed in, both front fenders all dented and cracked, my passenger mirror fell off and the car made a big hole in my passenger door.. well i took it in to the body shop a few weeks ago.. they said it would take about a month to fix as long as all the parts were accessible. They called friday and informed me that they had ordered the front end off a T/A instead of a v6... well they said they will send it back and get a v6 front end which will take a few more weeks.. I am almost ready to tell them to put the T/A nose on, except i dont wanna be posing as a T/A.. but i love the look of the T/A nose, and am not too fond of the formula front end. Plus i can have my car back a few weeks faster if i just take the T/A front end... I dont know what to do.. i would love the T/A nose on my car, but i dont wanna pose as a T/A and be labeled a ricer..... what would you guys do? gimme some opinions
Old 12-01-2002, 12:38 AM

It should fit. the cars have the same bodies, just different engines etc. Good luck. Like you said, dont pose as a TA or you may get ripped on. Just like a v6 camaro shouldnt pose as an SS
Old 12-01-2002, 03:54 AM

I say go for it! Playing with the appearance of your car is half the fun of owning it! Just look at mine... I put a SS hood and spoiler on it and I dont feel bad... actually my front end was wrecked last week and Im going to swap my LT1 front end for an LS1 style... point is, if you love the TA front end, then whats stopping you. The opritunitiy is there, so go for it. All you will need is a new hatchback so you can get the TA spoiler sometime down the road if you want to go all out!