Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

As seen on T.V.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 01:42 PM

As seen on T.V.

I was watching T.V. on night and saw this dent remover informercal, they sold this thing for $29.99.
It looked like it worked pretty good, but everything on T.V. always does.
Has anyone seen or tried this thing?
Old 09-15-2002, 03:51 PM

I saw it and it seems to be a joke just like the tornado.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:25 PM

That's what I though, but I figured that someone might have tied it. You never know sometimes these things work.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:53 AM

If it is the one I am thinking about, it just looks like a beefed up plunger to me.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:56 PM

Stupid people...I got the tornado awhile back, probably my first mod. I could actually feel the difference so if you are saying this dent remover is pointless like the tornado, I'd say purchase it. I mean can you spare $30, then do it. Don't always listen to people. Its funny how a few people on this forum says they felt gains from it. Try a search and see.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:58 PM

If you buy that, then call me up. I have a bridge in Brooklyn NY that I can sell you. Cheap money!
Old 09-16-2002, 03:35 PM
Banned

its just a device that pulls out and uses a hot glue gun to stick to the surface... just make one yourself
Old 09-16-2002, 03:46 PM

maybe you should check out ebay? I am sure you could get a better one for less money.
Old 09-17-2002, 12:28 AM

But does anyone know the name of this thing or a web site to buy it at?
Old 09-17-2002, 12:39 PM

I've seen the "tornado" done, in fact, picked one up to take a look at it, after hearing all the BS. Well, needless to say we did see an improvement in atomization in certain applications. If we were to put one of these little puppies in each intake runner, we might see something, but the only improvement was seen where the air moves smoothly and almost in a straight line into the block. Any disruption removes the effect. And even then, the gains were minimal, however we didnt really see any losses. On our intake, it's not worth it. The biggest gain was nealy 1.8mpg difference in a 454 chevy carb'ed truck, but that was really high. Only good on carbs. MPFI sees nothing, espicially with the intakes we have.

Here's a rule of thumb. If any car manufacturer could spend even $50 for one of those "fuel line magnet" things, a "tornado" and installation into your car off the factory floor to gain 1mpg, wouldnt they? Think of it. That'd take an LS1 and might have bumped the window sticker gas milage to 20/30!!! Just to have the 20 mark would have shocked the **** out of so many gas concerned people (even though it usually got better then the sticker anyway...)

But they are meaningless on todays computer designed intakes. I mean, look at the LS6 manifold. Computer design much? It'll add more resistance if anything (like why we add that foil in the lf1 engines)
Old 09-18-2002, 11:07 AM

ITS THE DING KING, thats right for only 29.95 lol. This is Billy Mayes and you know i wouldnt sell you some buill**** lol. maybe if you combine the ding king and the oxycleen youll have ding cleen the best thing since sliced bread its a paste that you wipe on your car and years of oxidation dissolve. its like magic.

Henry

Old 09-18-2002, 03:53 PM

Actually guys this type of dent removal tool has been out for a long time. It will work in some applications, I know for a fact. (Previous Body Shop Painter) As far as the questions I am sure some may ask.....

1. Why do body shops not use it?

Well look at it this way if they used that then they would not be able to charge nearly as much for repairs. As we all know life is all about money But some do use this type stuff ( DentWizard etc.)

2. Why has this not been out sooner?

It has been out for a long while, maybe not to the public but bodyshops have been able to buy for a very long time.

3. Is it like the ones bodyshops can buy?

Yes and NO, the principle is the same but theres are a little better built.

4. Will it pull dents like in the infomercial?

Sometimes and sometimes not..... Depends on the severity of the dent........

I am sure some will not like the answers I have given but to each there own, just my two cents

Viper
Old 09-18-2002, 04:03 PM

uhhhh oxy clean actually works... notice all the imitation products in your local walmart, kmart... not every infomercial is a lie, just 90 % of em.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:38 AM

The "paintless dent repair" guys that car lots hire use a similar device along with other tools. It's legit, but prolly a LIGHTWEIGHT version of a better thing.

BTW - If you use Slick 50 and a Tornado be sure to set the rev limiter low, because the PCM won't be able to respond in time when it revs so fast... I dropped mine like 1000 RPM and it still doesn't kick in until 8800!
Old 09-19-2002, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by pu12en12g
uhhhh oxy clean actually works... notice all the imitation products in your local walmart, kmart... not every infomercial is a lie, just 90 % of em.
Ron Popiel... Nuff said.

Quick Reply: As seen on T.V.