Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

scratches on window.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 01:10 AM

scratches on window.

ok, i just got my car about a month ago and there are 2 things that are bugging the crap out of me. i'll start with the first one.

on the windows when i got my car was paint. that said price and other stuff. i dont know what kind of paint it was but it was a pain in the butt to get off. just windex or whatever didnt do. so like i made a terribly terribly stupid mistake. i...gosh its hard to say it, even.....used a scotch pad designed for cleaning pots on the window. i've now got a terrible scratch on the window. well not that bad really, i guess. you kinda have to look for it, but i know its there. and thats what counts. is there any way to remove it that you guys know of? like its a scratch in the glass.

ok problem two. i've got a ding on the right side of the car. i'd say about 10 inches above and 6 inches in front of the back wheel well. i dont know what its from, but i was wondering what you guys would reccomend to get it out.

the car's paint looks beautiful and i guess the paint job is fairly new, but it needs to be redone. i've got some minor scratches and stuff and from the looks i dont think it was a very expensive paint job although without close examintion you'd never be able to tell. anyways...i may get it repainted in the future, but i'd first like to get the 2 major problems fixed. just for the heck of it though how much does a GOOD paint job cost? i live in Central Florida does anyone know of a good place to take it?

oh yeah...i did end up advertisement paint off. a razor blade worked wonderful. i dont know if it was wize, but it sure seems to have worked great.

thanks
Old 08-16-2003, 01:12 PM

i have heard that if you can buff out the scratches on glass it just takes time i havent done it to mine yet but a friend of mine did i to his car all you have to do is put polish on it and buff away. might be a good thing to try i will do it this weekend and i will tell you if it worked.
Old 08-16-2003, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by raider5.0
i have heard that if you can buff out the scratches on glass it just takes time i havent done it to mine yet but a friend of mine did i to his car all you have to do is put polish on it and buff away. might be a good thing to try i will do it this weekend and i will tell you if it worked.
what should i use to buff? zaino?
Old 08-16-2003, 04:29 PM

The glass will always worry you. Get another glass at the yard. Call a Ding Doctor about the dent. Wont cost too much.
Old 08-16-2003, 04:29 PM

For the scratches on the window go here Link

That dent is a birth mark for camaro's and firebirds just about every F-body has one

For a entire repaint I was quoted an average of 2500 dollars for
the same color every part taken off the car and this will be show quality paint but my dad knows a guy so I might be getting a deal and not know it
Old 08-16-2003, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by AW/whiteZ-28
For the scratches on the window go here Link
Thanks for the link man, I've been looking for something like this for my t-tops.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:13 AM

Try dry-ice on the little dings.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:57 AM

Originally posted by ssz28
Try dry-ice on the little dings.
I've been wanting to try that, does it hurt the paint at all? If it gets the "birthmarks" out, won't they just came right back?