Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

saw a sad sight today.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 11:23 PM

saw a sad sight today.....

well it was around 8 am this morning and i was driving to work and i pull up next to this black v6 '97 camaro ....

well of coarse i pay extra attention to it because it is an f body and i notice that it has a big APC banner accross the back, those light up wal mart tweeters (about three on each side) , and every other blue neon light available at walmart (string lights, map lights, light bars, etc) and japanese stickers on the side

and last but not least.... a big a$$ FART TIP out the back!!

WWWHHHYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

i wanted to shed a tear at the sight of it, i thought, poor camaro.

i was thinkin, run for your life car!! find you a new home!!!

i started thinkin of what he could've bought with the ricerfest2003 shopping spree he just had......i thought maybe some blackouts and tinted windows or somethin.....

but then he looks at me and every piece of skin on his face was pierced and his hair was pulled into a greasy ponytail so i thought to myself "figures" and he kinda looks at me and nods and revs his car up and i busted out laughing and left him in smoke.......i let him ease back up to me and was like as if he was thinking all the stickers and bs was gonna give him some more hp.

anyway, that is my story
Old 08-07-2003, 11:47 PM

it was just a 6
Old 08-07-2003, 11:52 PM

yes i know, but my car started out as a six then it found a good home ....... there's always hope for the f body.....3.4, 3.8, or 5.7 its all one big family.....the v8's just boss the others around a little
Old 08-08-2003, 12:07 AM

hey i have piercings
but no stickers on my car well one sticker on the back about 5inches big it is the united states flag with the 9-11 on it that says we will always remember but no apc stickers
Old 08-08-2003, 11:40 AM

only sticker on my car is the american flag decal on my lower rear windshield....
Old 08-08-2003, 02:38 PM

You mean stickers dont give you HP, Thats what I have been doin wrong
Old 08-08-2003, 10:16 PM

thats is a pretty sad sight but i got one better(or worse??) anyway i was drving down ogden ave. and i see a beautiful Trans am Ram Air in sunset orange driving the oppisite way i mean this thing was amazing but as it passes me i see this gawdy huge thing sticking out form the spoiler and i see this http://static.zoovy.com/img/tunerhead/-/591501l
i almost threw up
Old 08-09-2003, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by stang_killa94
thats is a pretty sad sight but i got one better(or worse??) anyway i was drving down ogden ave. and i see a beautiful Trans am Ram Air in sunset orange driving the oppisite way i mean this thing was amazing but as it passes me i see this gawdy huge thing sticking out form the spoiler and i see this http://static.zoovy.com/img/tunerhead/-/591501l
i almost threw up
those wings west sons a b!tches!!
Old 08-10-2003, 12:57 AM

all i have to say is i laughed my a$$ off reading this thread..lol
Old 08-10-2003, 04:55 PM

i saw a white with lime green stripes firebird with a frickin Vtec sticker on the hatchback. I wanted to pull him out of his car and beat him
Old 08-10-2003, 05:53 PM

A few houses down from me, there is a ls1 sunset orange Z. Im sure it was beautiful at one time. The current owner (who Im still hoping to see some day) put these HORRIBLE chrome rims on it that are twice as thin as the stock ones. It looks like a Z with motorcycle tires. I see borla tips sticking out of the back, so hes actually trying to upgrade the thing. If I ever see him, I will teach him about torque VS traction
Old 08-10-2003, 09:31 PM

I just posted that i saw a firebird with a vtec sticker... well i just saw a blazer with a vtec sticker, i know it isn't a f-bod but still a shame. What is wrong with people these days??
Old 08-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Banned

I saw a 94 or so V6 Camaro with Japanese writing on the doors a couple days ago
Old 08-11-2003, 03:54 PM

Those are some funny stories, but it's almost sad when you think about it. I have a V6 - but I'm 18 and it fits me now. Although I will always want an 8...and trust me one day i will...

I don't know what would ever come into someone's mind to put a fart pipe on a Domestic Car. They make a whining sound which just doesn't fit right...I hate that sound now.

VTEC stickers...I think somewhere along the line people saw so many of them that they forgot they are an engine type and just started slapping them on everything. Same as Type R - lots of people think their cars are "racing types" and don't realize that it's an engine type...geeezzz. Some company must be mass producing those things.

And yeah...I'm sorta sick of APC and Super Street Stickers. I was heading down to Atlantic City on Saturday with my girlfriend, her sister, and her sisters boyfriend when we passed a C4 Corvette painted yellow (luckily I wasn't driving or in my car). But anyways, this thing had painted yellow stock rims, an ugly body kit, but even worst it had a HUGE SUPER STREET BANNER! As we passed it I looked in and the interior was all red.

It just didn't go. Again...everyone on all the forums...thank you for saving me at a very early age and from avoiding all the ricey trends on the age. And I'll try to never do tasteless mods like that...

Appearance mods are understandable...and hey we all like them and they look great. But I swear the people who do some of them are just completely DUMB!

Mark
Old 08-11-2003, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by Zack
it was just a 6
...no, its just an ugly riced out piece of ****!

pisses me off when big f-body family peeps make fun of 6. i cannot afford to buy a v8 on credit, and because im still a student a v6 is all i have.. a very fine looking v6 at that...

Quick Reply: saw a sad sight today.....