Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Rear Seat Delete Done Right!

Old 06-13-2009, 05:53 PM

Rear Seat Delete Done Right!

Let me know what you guys think. Pictures and information are in cardomain link in signature. Feel free to leave some feedback while you are there and ask me any questions here.

Eddie
Old 06-13-2009, 07:03 PM

I'd look but I'm lazy. Why not post the pictures here? That way people in the future doing a search will be able to see them (if you're signature happens to change).

When I'm browsing on my phone it makes it a pain to go from page to page. I'm not on my phone now, but still, I'm lazy.

Edit - I looked. Looks pretty good. Nice job.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 PM

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...049_medium.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...047_medium.jpg

looks good
Old 06-13-2009, 07:20 PM

Nice work ZZTop! How much weight did you loose if any? I'm going to be doing this soon but I want less weight out of the swap.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:34 PM

looks really great it matches nicely

i would have made it horizontal so the space was usable though
Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 PM

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by rbaksi

I feel that just doesn't look right. It looks odd to me. I can still put stuff behind the seat and in the passenger seat so I am not worried about it.

***edit***
As for weight, the panel is actually pretty light, definitely lighter than the rear seats.

Weight is right at 16 pounds with carpet, brackets and all.

Last edited by ZZtop; 06-14-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:43 PM

doesnt weigh that much...i would have thought more
Old 06-16-2009, 12:56 AM

Looks good!

6litereater is selling several different types of rear seat deletes. I think his are pretty good, but I agree about not liking the boxy type.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rbaksi

That's exactly what I was thinking. I can't count the number of times my back seats have carried different things, either in the seat buckets or with the seat folded down. It's an invaluable piece of real estate inside the car if you ever transport anything, and by making that panel sloped, you've just cut half of your cargo area completely out.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by shock6906
That's exactly what I was thinking. I can't count the number of times my back seats have carried different things, either in the seat buckets or with the seat folded down. It's an invaluable piece of real estate inside the car if you ever transport anything, and by making that panel sloped, you've just cut half of your cargo area completely out.
I respect your opinion and may feel the same way if this was a daily driver, although I still contend there is plenty of room in the passenger seat and still plenty behind the drivers seat. You could easily put a bookbag, umbrella, briefcase, shopping bag or two, etc. behind the seat even with this panel. Remember that it starts to slop up where the rear seat would have started.

As for me, this is NOT a daily driver. This is a pampered garage car that doesn't see rain unless a thunderstorm pops up while I am out. At the same time, I take it to the track occasionally and the goal was to give it a clean, purposeful two seater look while keeping weight down.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZZtop
As for me, this is NOT a daily driver. This is a pampered garage car that doesn't see rain unless a thunderstorm pops up while I am out. At the same time, I take it to the track occasionally and the goal was to give it a clean, purposeful two seater look while keeping weight down.

I suppose I can respect that.

Out of curiosity, what's your net weight savings? Have you weighed the seats that you removed versus the weight of the delete panel that took its place?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:13 PM

I like the look. Nice job. It matches factory very nicely. Good job. I have to agree with others I may of not sloped but you like it and that is what is important. You car, do what you like. Again, very nice job.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by shock6906
I suppose I can respect that.

Out of curiosity, what's your net weight savings? Have you weighed the seats that you removed versus the weight of the delete panel that took its place?
I did not weigh the seats. But I removed the seats, brackets, and seat belts which I think is supposed to be about 35 pounds. The panel I made weighs about 16 pounds.

So I saved a little weight while making the car look much better, in my opinion anyway. The Camaro cloth seats are HIDEOUS! I will be replacing the front seats and door panels as soon as possible.

My car was less than 3,400 pounds without any weight reduction and 3/4 tank of gas (still had jack and spare tire) so I am not overly concerned with weight. That is the benefit of a "Stripper" car I guess. I'm thinking about getting ambitious with weight savings in the future but not at the determent of comfort or aesthetics. Unfortunately that gets expensive, haha.