Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

re-carpeting door pannels?? RED

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 11:02 AM

re-carpeting door pannels?? RED

who has done this. I saw a picture on this forum with a guy who has carbeau seats and red door pannel carpet, but I can't find it.

I need to know what material people use to do this.
I've looked at the fabric stores and I can't seem to find anything.

I want to do the upper door pannel in a materia very simillar to my carbeau seats in red. and then the lower carpet on the doors also in red

has anyone done this?
I'm needing advise greatly.

thanks
Charlie
Old 11-20-2002, 02:40 PM

I think you are talking about my car. The door panel fabric was painted red with fabric paint, I just wanted to get a feel of how they look. I put the stock grey ones back on. I have the material to wrap them properly, I ordered several square yards of the same fabric as the seats from Sparco to do the doors, backseat, and anything else i might need it for. Red is LOUD , its hard to find a medium between looking plain and looking tacky. I really recommend doing some photoshop work before switching, work it out. What I mean is, when i thought about the red interior and red carpet, it looked great in my head, but when I put in the red carpet, the color was a bit off, and all the grey interior panels and dash looked like a$$. So I switched out the grey for ebony interior panels and dyed the dash black. Much better. I didn't think through how the red carpet would look with red rear seats, without back seats it looks nice and balanced, but when they are in it will be too much, so I am switching to black. You can see the old pics on my page, I will dig up the pics i have and post them on webshots for you. As a side note, the painted red door fabric came out incredibly good, had I takin my time and the panels been newer (8 years of elbow grime ) I would have kept them.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:47 PM

Here's the webshots page, the pics are horrendous, the color of the seats is off and for some reason everything looks pink and the details in the seats have disappeared. The color is really a near dead match for the Corbeaus so you can imagine it from there.

http://community.webshots.com/album/43358615CFFOGR