Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Question about taking out the back seats.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 03:39 AM

Question Question about taking out the back seats.

I'm taking out the back seats in a 95 Camaro Z28 convertible and I was wondering how would I go about doing this. Is the only thing you have to do is take the cushions out or what?
Old 01-01-2003, 09:34 AM

My brother just took the rear seats out of his car, but I don't know how he did this. He took out the butt cusions, and the back that you lean on.

I remember reading on this board that there are going to be holes in your interior if you do this, that allow exhaust gases to get into the cabin. You'd have to patch them up somehow if you are going to drive around without the rear seats.
Old 01-01-2003, 01:02 PM
Administrator

As I recall, the bottom cushions are each held in by a single bolt, through a bracket at the front/center of the cushion. The folding rear cushion is held on by a single bolt on each end of the seat, into a tab on the side of the car.

You will also need to either remove the shoulder harness, or remove the shoulder harness clip from the end of the seatback, and let it dangle on the harness. I removed the complete harness... the retractor is under the fender cover, and both seat belts at the floor. If you remove any bolts for the seat belts, be sure to plug the bolt holes, since they go through the body and would allow exhaust gasses to enter the car. You will also want to mke a "fill" piece for the opening in the fender cover where the harness was located.

When the seats are out, you will have the tab on each side sticking out, the bolts the seatback latches onto sticking out, and holes in the carpet on each side where the seatbelt botls are located, and an 8" x 2" hole in the carpet on each side where the brackets for the bottom seat cushions stick through.
Old 01-01-2003, 06:20 PM

Originally posted by Injuneer
If you remove any bolts for the seat belts, be sure to plug the bolt holes, since they go through the body and would allow exhaust gasses to enter the car. You will also want to mke a "fill" piece for the opening in the fender cover where the harness was located.
Kind of funny that when I typed, "I remember reading on this site..." that is was a post that Fred typed back when I first saw it
Old 01-02-2003, 12:21 AM

LoL you know what the strange things is, I went and pulled (not hard either) on the butt cushions and they came off, it seems that they were bot even bolted in.