Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

A question about Light Bars and Tonneau Covers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 05:43 PM

Question A question about Light Bars and Tonneau Covers.

If you have this kind of light bar on your convertible can the top still go down?

Also what about these Tonneau Covers, they make two different versions.

I doubt this one will work (even though that is a pic of a Firebird they do make a version for the Camaro).

But they also make these kind of covers.

Does anyone here have either a light bar or a cover on their vert, if so how do you like it?
Old 01-02-2003, 12:21 AM

Not sure actually what your asking, but most sound and light bars are designed to still allow full operation of the top. RK sport has some nice ones.
Old 01-02-2003, 12:28 AM

The light bar is on the inside of the car so yes the top can go down. And if you look at the picture you will answer the question yourself (the car in the picture has its top down)
Old 01-02-2003, 12:35 AM

Originally posted by 95Zdroptop
The light bar is on the inside of the car so yes the top can go down. And if you look at the picture you will answer the question yourself (the car in the picture has its top down)
Yeah but I did not know if the top could go back up with the light bar.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:40 PM
BPS

I have the covers on my vert and really like the look
Old 01-03-2003, 04:33 PM

Originally posted by BPS
I have the covers on my vert and really like the look
Can you still raise and lower your convertible top?
Old 01-03-2003, 04:36 PM
BPS

sure but I have to take the covers off.

you have to take the stock covers off too.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:46 PM

I have a set of the covers and Loved them, but they dont fit with the rollbar I put in. They are striped down right now as I was going to sell them and have them repainted. But if your interested in the 285.00 shipped to your door and they are yours. You just need to have them painted.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:23 AM

Originally posted by dreamer1q
I have a set of the covers and Loved them, but they dont fit with the rollbar I put in. They are striped down right now as I was going to sell them and have them repainted. But if your interested in the 285.00 shipped to your door and they are yours. You just need to have them painted.
Cool, I am interested, btw how heavy is it? You see from what I can tell once you put this thing on, the only way you can raise your top is to take it off and I would have to able to take it off myself.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:17 PM
BPS

the covers come in 2 parts and are bolted together in the middle - I keep them bolted and put it on and off as a unit but if you wanted to store them in the back seat I suspect you would have to unbolt them - no big deal - 4 butterfly bolts.

total weight ~25lbs max together - bigger problem is that they are awkward to cary and you need a safe place to store them when not in use.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:58 PM

Like the post said above, you can move them, but you need to unbolt them. I only use them for carshows, and the occasional cruise. Havent used them in over a year. If your interested, i can take paypal if you want to cover the 3%, otherwise just send me a money order, and I will ship them in your direction. Remember, these will need to go to a bodyshop and have primer and paint applied. They have been media blasted so all the old paint and crap is off of them. Email me if you want them.

Q
Old 01-05-2003, 01:16 AM

Like the post said above, you can move them, but you need to unbolt them. I only use them for carshows, and the occasional cruise. Havent used them in over a year. If your interested, i can take paypal if you want to cover the 3%, otherwise just send me a money order, and I will ship them in your direction. Remember, these will need to go to a bodyshop and have primer and paint applied. They have been media blasted so all the old paint and crap is off of them. Email me if you want them.

Q
Thanks man, I will talk to my folks and give you an answer soon.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:21 AM

Q
Ok so it does not have any major dents or chips? Also since you said your is a two peice is it like this one or this one ?

Chris
Old 01-05-2003, 12:32 PM

It is the same one from RKsport. That is where I bought it from, the non carbon fiber one. It is not broken or missing pieces. But you will need it to be smoothed and painted. Media blasting removes all the crap that RKsport dosnet bother with. That is why I wont buy from them, they dont put alot of time into their products. These are ready for primer and paint.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:44 PM

It is the same one from RKsport. That is where I bought it from, the non carbon fiber one. It is not broken or missing pieces. But you will need it to be smoothed and painted. Media blasting removes all the crap that RKsport dosnet bother with. That is why I wont buy from them, they dont put alot of time into their products. These are ready for primer and paint.
Cool I will let you know soon what I can do.

Quick Reply: A question about Light Bars and Tonneau Covers.